Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What is your favorite class to use as your flagship?  (Read 9782 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite class to use as your flagship?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 05:17:06 PM »

The biggest one I get my hands on to roll over the enemy, ending at capitals.  I want to pilot a monster or godship.  Endgame flagship is usually Paragon.  I do not mind its slow speed when it can snipe and kill things at greater range than other ships.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 11:19:44 AM »

I tend to go for big, tanky capitals that can fend things off from all directions so I can lead my fleet from the front with no fear.  With the mods I'm running lately I'm enjoying the HELL out of the Galleon class from the rimward venture start.  It's huge, it's covered in a carpet of guns, it's an all in one logistics ship, it's expensive as hell to maintain, it has FIVE large ballistic turrets spread around it...but it has a blind spot right on its nose, meaning to get the best firepower you have to face AWAY from the enemy.

Imagine that: the scariest ship in the fleet is the one that kicks your ass...with it's own ass.  It's a butt fortress and I love it.

plek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 02:44:08 PM »

I tend to use cruisers or destroyers that are quick or with strong forward mounts. Apogee is a favorite, as is the Sunder. Beams! Also a big fan of the Falcons. I don't like managing a lot of weapon groups or dealing with the blob of friendly ships trying to get in my way so being able to move is important. Plus I trust the computer to use the oddball capital layouts I make better than me. I'd use frigates more but they don't have staying power and I, uh, tend to get blown up.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 07:05:48 PM »

Cruiser > Capital > Destroyer >>>> Frigate

I don't "do" twitch.
Have you tried the Lysander? Its from a mod.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2020, 03:22:07 AM »

I personally find anything relatively slower to the enemy I'm facing to both be boring and very dangerous to play myself, since I'm a very aggressive kind of player.

Therefore, my favourite kinds of ships to pilot are not really restricted to class but tend to be on the small/hypermobile side of things. I do not like limited ammo either so I'm usually speeding around in either overridden monstrosities that truly don't care about most kind of damage (and also have reinforced bulkheads) or kite focused destroyers/cruisers that are very good at chasing down smaller ships to help my own forces from getting distracted.

I'm currently playing a Roach King Class Heavy Cruiser (from hazard Mining Incorporated). It has No shield, around 1k armor and 27k health and I just burn drive into the biggest enemy I can aim my turrets on until it's wrecked. God bless Junker ships getting more Ordinance Points the more D-mods they have.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

IradT

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2020, 08:36:56 AM »

I honestly like paragon - nothing like alpha-striking with tach Lance's, and it really helps to be able to ensure that the heavy firepower is put where it's needed.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »

Aaaand I got my hands on the flying dutchman (vayra's sector) and now I have a solution for literally everything summed up in two words:

SEVEN MJOLNIRS.

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2020, 07:34:38 AM »

Vanilla ships?  Omen.

It doesn't require very many skill points into Combat (7) or DP to really influence the outcome of combat.  It's fast enough to never truly be out of position, and I have to actually pay attention.

DancingMonkey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »

Onslaught XIIV is my usual go to.

Just burn drive into the enemy and watch my auto fire weapons get to work.

Maeleth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2020, 10:03:01 AM »

My usual strategy is to hit hard, vent often and use my semi-intelligent allies to create openings and take the brunt of returning fire.
The most common progression is Omen (or Lasher with modded weapons), then Hammerhead, and then straight to Onslaught XIV. Those ships combine impressive firepower for the DP, decent tanking capabilities, above average speed and extremely low requirements for a personal skill. Easy to build, easy to master and easy to dominate the battlefield is the name of the game!

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2020, 12:21:31 PM »

These days its an Onslaught for me, but I haven't flown an Odyssey in a while so I might switch to that and see if I still like it.

Its just so satisfying to eyeball the distance to an enemy, press F, and exit the burn right in their face... bonus points for a NON killing ram that spins them around and stops them from being able to shoot at you. Killing rams are very punishing unfortunately.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2020, 03:30:54 PM »

I have been loving the Prometheus mark 2, and it's now my GO-TO.

The armour, firepower, and mobility is on par with the onslaught.

The two hangar bays are WAY better than the pulse cannons.

Its turret coverage is also very excellent.

The best thing of all? Its Fire-power-per-DP/Fire-power-per-cost is off the charts.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2020, 03:41:34 PM »

: Squints at stats :

I've never actually flown one tbh. I've flown the Atlas Mk II before and its a nice glass cannon. Pr Mk2 has a nice weapon package for 32 DP, but they blow up awfully easily whenever I'm fighting them (1300 armor/11k hull/1.2 shield/10.5k base capacity is essentially a Venture with slightly better hull and s significantly worse shield), but I'll take your word for them being fun.

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2020, 06:34:12 PM »

DME's Brave Blade is probably my favorite ship to fly. The Medusa works too for vanilla. Unfortunately battles eventually involve too many things you can't realistically fight, and you have to switch over to something less fun. At that point, I'll try to find a Conquest or something, SRA's Mimir is a good choice too.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2020, 12:26:41 AM »

: Squints at stats :

I've never actually flown one tbh. I've flown the Atlas Mk II before and its a nice glass cannon. Pr Mk2 has a nice weapon package for 32 DP, but they blow up awfully easily whenever I'm fighting them (1300 armor/11k hull/1.2 shield/10.5k base capacity is essentially a Venture with slightly better hull and s significantly worse shield), but I'll take your word for them being fun.

The dp and fighter means you can get more fighters, they help provide pretty awesome defense as AI tend to shoot them first.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4