Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: money making guides?  (Read 2667 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: money making guides?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 10:22:43 AM »

As of right now. The BEST way to make money is to take targeted bountied.

If you get bad rolls on targets, do a quick survey mission while you wait.

You could do trade missions or take the black market route, but it doesn't scale well as 2000 units of even mechs or drugs will not be anywhere near the profits of a high level bounty.

Not to mention if you don't do combat your not gonna get any real amount of EXP.

You can get big delivery missions that pay 100k-150k per mission with zero risk or combat supply cost. I'm pretty sure if you spammed big cargo ships you could get offered even bigger delivery contracts, but I find it pretty boring and haven't pursued it that far. Delivery missions are also way faster to do in IRL time (probably in in-game time as well) than bounties, so there's a solid argument that this is the best way to make money.

Also if you raid a small worlds spaceport to cause shortages, you can make hundreds of thousands just selling stuff on the black market easy, and the procurement contracts from that world will be like 200 drugs for 200k+ as well. It's definitely the easiest way to make money which is why the effect of raiding a spaceport is being changed in the next patch. I consider it a borderline exploit tbh.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2020, 01:10:07 PM »

As of right now. The BEST way to make money is to take targeted bountied.

If you get bad rolls on targets, do a quick survey mission while you wait.

You could do trade missions or take the black market route, but it doesn't scale well as 2000 units of even mechs or drugs will not be anywhere near the profits of a high level bounty.

Not to mention if you don't do combat your not gonna get any real amount of EXP.

You can get big delivery missions that pay 100k-150k per mission with zero risk or combat supply cost. I'm pretty sure if you spammed big cargo ships you could get offered even bigger delivery contracts, but I find it pretty boring and haven't pursued it that far. Delivery missions are also way faster to do in IRL time (probably in in-game time as well) than bounties, so there's a solid argument that this is the best way to make money.

Also if you raid a small worlds spaceport to cause shortages, you can make hundreds of thousands just selling stuff on the black market easy, and the procurement contracts from that world will be like 200 drugs for 200k+ as well. It's definitely the easiest way to make money which is why the effect of raiding a spaceport is being changed in the next patch. I consider it a borderline exploit tbh.

I can actually confirm both of those statements.

I've got a fleet that's made up of two mobile, converted battlestations plus a lot of cargo ships and I regularly get 400k payout delivery contracts. You can NEVER have enough cargo space. The more you can carry to sustain your fleet AND carry back while you're out and about in the galaxy the more money you will make overall. Also, don't be like me and have like 350 Hellbore cannons on your main planet. Selling very common weapons to the black market is EXTREMELY profitable and unlikely to come biting your behind later if you put your head into it.

I usually don't try and sell stuff back to a world I raided, mainly because I'd have to wait  weeks or even months for said planet to still recognize me and not allow me to even sell said things even on the black market. What I usually do is check the prize of the stuff I come back to the core with to see where I can go and sell it at. It's also a good idea to actually sell your stuff to pirate/luddic path bounty bases as they usually need stuff like drugs, marines, heavy armaments, organs and whatnot and will pay a significant markup for it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 01:13:15 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2020, 05:07:00 PM »

To make money through trading, you need to buy something on black market somewhere, and sell it on black market somewhere where that something is in demand.

The best candidates for selling are certain pirate or luddic planets, because they tend to have supply problems (if someone intercepts their trading fleets, that actually causes a shortage and increases prices of certain goods). For example, Umbra or Qaras often have a shortage of supplies, drugs, organs, and fuel (because every faction is attacking their trading fleets). Chalcedon constantly has a shortage of marines in addition to that as well.

When you approach such systems, they will frequently spam procurement missions for the goods they are missing. Those let you offload things like organs or heavy armaments at prices like $1000 or more, while they cost $200-500 to buy elsewhere. You can go there with a full cargo of such goods, sell some on black market and give some to the quest NPCs for a massive profit.

You can fly around, buying these goods wherever you can, and store them at various abandoned stations until there are missions that require them (there are such stations in Mayasura, Corvus and other places).

You can also cause shortages yourself. If you see a pirate fleet heading to, say, Qaras, and you destroy it, you will be able to sell a bunch of stuff to Qaras for a massive profit for a while. You have to do that in hyperspace, because if you fight their ships in front of their planet they will not let you trade for a month or two. You can also raid planets for the same effect, as others have mentioned, but that's rather exploity.

All of this regularly changes with patches. It massively changed from previous game version, and will probably change in the upcoming version as well.
Pages: 1 [2]