Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 595897 times)

Omega_Pi_X

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #615 on: November 10, 2020, 12:13:49 AM »

(quote)
Random thought - are these weapons going to be hidden from the out-of-campaign missions (unlike say, Sparks and other [REDACTED] fighters)? I'd hate to accidentally spoil myself if I decided to jump in there for whatever reason.

Perhaps there could be a variable check based on whether or not the player has a save file where they have encountered anything [REDACTED] in the campaign, and only what they have seen of the [REDACTED] in the campaign appears in not just the missions, but also the codex.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 12:17:22 AM by Omega_Pi_X »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 10, 2020, 02:21:25 AM »

13 new special weapons specific to this enemy
Random thought - are these weapons going to be hidden from the out-of-campaign missions (unlike say, Sparks and other [REDACTED] fighters)? I'd hate to accidentally spoil myself if I decided to jump in there for whatever reason.

My guess is that this new enemy is absolutely ginormous and actually has all those 13 new weapons on it. If it's [Redacted] then it's probably going to be a tad bigger than the brilliant and probably also sport some hangar bays to launch fighters unique to the ship.

That said, I would love something completely new, like a melee-focused bioship? I wonder if Alex ever played Battlefleet Gothic Armada II...
Spoiler
Skip to 1:115 for the Nom Nom ship, altough the trailer is so damn good I'd watch it all if I were you!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVghX8opHJU
[close]

P.S: Almost forgot about the fact it could be Dominion. That'd be amazing!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 02:23:35 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 10, 2020, 09:13:16 AM »

13 new special weapons specific to this enemy

Oh, hey, that's a great point! They definitely shouldn't show up there (and already don't show in the codex), but I forgot about the missions aspect of it. Done.

Perhaps there could be a variable check based on whether or not the player has a save file where they have encountered anything [REDACTED] in the campaign, and only what they have seen of the [REDACTED] in the campaign appears in not just the missions, but also the codex.

That might make sense, yeah - I'll have to take another look at this when I finally get around to updating the Codex! I wouldn't want to do anything halfbaked about it now since it'd likely be wasted effort in the long term.

eltharion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 11, 2020, 01:41:46 AM »

I am eager to try the new version, I have read that there are many new features, great.
Thank you for the work you and your two collaborators are investing in this Pearl.

I won't ask when the new version will be released, because I guess it will only be when it's ready.

Thank you.

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 11, 2020, 08:32:51 AM »

So are the changes listed on the changelog things that HAVE BEEN or WILL BE changed?

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 11, 2020, 08:40:49 AM »

So are the changes listed on the changelog things that HAVE BEEN or WILL BE changed?
Have been.
And the changelog gets updated at least twice.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 11, 2020, 09:09:46 AM »

I am eager to try the new version, I have read that there are many new features, great.
Thank you for the work you and your two collaborators are investing in this Pearl.

Thank you!

I won't ask when the new version will be released, because I guess it will only be when it's ready.

... and thank you :)

Have been.

(Yep, correct!)

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 11, 2020, 09:30:56 AM »

Hey Alex honest question.. do you foresee the release of Cyberpunk in December having any impact on the cycle time of updates / future releases?
I remember reading in an interview you had that you play a lot of video games.. will Cyberpunk be one of them?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 11, 2020, 10:42:58 AM »

Hey Alex honest question.. do you foresee the release of Cyberpunk in December having any impact on the cycle time of updates / future releases?
I remember reading in an interview you had that you play a lot of video games.. will Cyberpunk be one of them?

Honest answer! I don't play "a lot of video games", rather, I occasionally play a specific video game *a lot*. Cyberpunk isn't one I'm at all interested in, so it won't have any impact. Generally it's not AAA stuff I gravitate to, anyway; I think the main AAA I've played in recent memory is SC2. Nothing against AAA in general, btw, t's just usually not my cup of tea.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 11, 2020, 10:54:33 AM »

Honest answer! I don't play "a lot of video games", rather, I occasionally play a specific video game *a lot*. Cyberpunk isn't one I'm at all interested in, so it won't have any impact. Generally it's not AAA stuff I gravitate to, anyway; I think the main AAA I've played in recent memory is SC2. Nothing against AAA in general, btw, t's just usually not my cup of tea.

I can sense a fellow Noita addict.

Just one more run, maybe I won't blow myself up with my own wand this time

Seriously speaking tough, I see just how much you're involved here in this forum and I'd assume you spend double that time doing dev stuff. The only worry I have (considering I've got some dev friends) is overworking and not going outside to catch some of that vitamin D, assuming you can do that whenever you live :)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 10:56:35 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 11, 2020, 06:46:24 PM »

Alex, for 1.0.0, how many in-game years do you want an average game  from beginning to endgame to last?
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 12, 2020, 12:37:33 AM »

That's probably why everybody is here, in this forum... majority lol. Indie games usually are more complex and unique due to the absurd amount of years spent in developing it.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 12, 2020, 11:18:01 AM »

Lmao at all the new players getting impatient........at least you have a mostly completed game with lots of stuff to do.
Back in the day the game had just one system and nothing but combat.
Mark my words: 1.0 in 2022.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 11:21:18 AM by Sabaton »

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 12, 2020, 12:17:45 PM »

Oh, thought of a potentially interesting question.  How are the theoretical composite/hybrid/synergy weapons going to interact with existing weapon-specific ship systems, hullmods, and other stuff?  Ex: Will a "Hybrid" weapon count as a Ballistic for the purpose of the Hammerhead's Accelerated Ammunition Feed, as an Energy for the purpose of the Sunder's High Energy Focus, or neither?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 12, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »

Alex, for 1.0.0, how many in-game years do you want an average game  from beginning to endgame to last?

Hmm, it really depends on the player - people have different preferences, and even the same person is likely to have different preferences in different playthroughs. I don't think this is a case where the average means a whole lot.

Oh, thought of a potentially interesting question.  How are the theoretical composite/hybrid/synergy weapons going to interact with existing weapon-specific ship systems, hullmods, and other stuff?  Ex: Will a "Hybrid" weapon count as a Ballistic for the purpose of the Hammerhead's Accelerated Ammunition Feed, as an Energy for the purpose of the Sunder's High Energy Focus, or neither?

It depends on the weapon! A "primary" type is specified in the .wpn file (and shown in the tooltip), and that's used for modifiers like that.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 146