Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.6.2 - information services  (Read 48157 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.6.0 - information services
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2021, 08:29:13 AM »

Would it be possible to add searchability by hullmod?(if not all, some of the relevant ones such as salvage, nav, survey, etc.) Faction would also be nice.
I assume you mean search ships by built-in hullmods. Yes it is possible although current selection method (cycling) is inadequate for that. I would need paged dialog - one with Next / Prev - instead. Or better - a hullmod selection via cargo picker. It is doable, but I have planned on taking a break from any major improvements until 0.95. Same with "by faction" - doable but on hold.
And no, there is no performance hit to any of these - the most costly operation in intel selection is building the initial ship list to display when picking (which then gets reduced by filters). Showing results is pretty costless, unless new month has happened - at which point first display is going to cause all markets refresh.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.4.0 - information services
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2021, 09:34:59 AM »

At that moment I think I had Blackrock Drive Yards, Interstellar Imperium, Mayasuran Navy, Pearson Exotronics, Roider Union and Tiandong Industries. With Nexerelin they increased complexity by an awful lot so I dropped that and swapped out a few factions and the only noticable performance impact right now is game startup time.
Specs are Ryzen 5 2600, Geforce GTX 1660 Ti, 32GB dual channel RAM, 1TB SSD on SATA connector, auto-updating Windows 10 that annoys me to no end
Heap size IIRC is set to 2GB min and 6 GB max. Maybe 8, who knows. Funny story: made a few modded runs previously with no performance impact at all before I found out that it should be increased and not handled automatically. Also wasn't easy to bump into that old post that contained this info.
If I'm not mistaken opening the intel screen in general was in tandem with the game being unresponsive for a few seconds. Not sure about the inventory or using jump points, vanilla game tends to mess with that on its own after a few hours of playing anyway. Can't resist to bash on java, because it's a mess.

If so, then this is now solved (as of 1.3.1) - this mod does nothing unless you press a button.
Actually it does display two intels before and on months end, but the performance hit due to that is neglible.

Just as you said I've seen no performance impact in 1.3.1, the board indeed just opens and does not refresh queries.
Going to look at the new version soon.
Once again I experience performance issues if there are many subjects in the query. When I select the HyperNET tab on the intel screen it hangs for 1-2 seconds, not experienced with any other tab. If only the search results were updated but they aren't. Now I sculpted faction mods down to a bare minimum so that can't be the problem.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2021, 07:29:39 AM »

Once again I experience performance issues if there are many subjects in the query. When I select the HyperNET tab on the intel screen it hangs for 1-2 seconds, not experienced with any other tab. If only the search results were updated but they aren't. Now I sculpted faction mods down to a bare minimum so that can't be the problem.
I am very sorry, I accidentally used a wrong function to get submarkets (one that can refresh submarkets) when checking if cargo / ship is available on the market. Issuing bugfix version later on that will fix it.

Edit: Released - hope it fixes your issue (should, unless there is yet another problem I haven't found)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:23:52 AM by Jaghaimo »

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2021, 02:34:45 PM »

I am very sorry, I accidentally used a wrong function to get submarkets (one that can refresh submarkets) when checking if cargo / ship is available on the market. Issuing bugfix version later on that will fix it.

Edit: Released - hope it fixes your issue (should, unless there is yet another problem I haven't found)

Thanks! :)

Nalesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.6.0 - information services
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2021, 08:07:41 AM »

Would it be possible to add searchability by hullmod?(if not all, some of the relevant ones such as salvage, nav, survey, etc.) Faction would also be nice.
I assume you mean search ships by built-in hullmods. Yes it is possible although current selection method (cycling) is inadequate for that. I would need paged dialog - one with Next / Prev - instead. Or better - a hullmod selection via cargo picker. It is doable, but I have planned on taking a break from any major improvements until 0.95. Same with "by faction" - doable but on hold.
And no, there is no performance hit to any of these - the most costly operation in intel selection is building the initial ship list to display when picking (which then gets reduced by filters). Showing results is pretty costless, unless new month has happened - at which point first display is going to cause all markets refresh.

Meant more like "Show everything from the diable faction" as an example

Cane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.6.2 - information services
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2021, 11:47:43 AM »

This mod is a quality-of-life godsend, thank you! It's really well done, too. Usually, mods which rely on text options feel really clunky, but once you submit a query the ship information is presented super well. It's good stuff.

Quick question: The search results only show ships which are currently available in stores, correct? Because I think it would be useful if the mod could keep an eye out for certain rare ships that are currently out of stock everywhere, but will show up when one becomes available. Otherwise there's a lot of manual checking every so often.

One last thing: I went looking for a Charybdis-class Battlecarrier (from Shadowyards) by searching for Cruiser hulls and checking the "carrier: only" tag, and it didn't show up. It showed up when I excluded carriers. For determining ship type, does the mod not look for ships which have fighter bays?

Anyway, it's a fantastic mod, thanks for making it.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2021, 04:23:07 PM »

One last thing: I went looking for a Charybdis-class Battlecarrier (from Shadowyards) by searching for Cruiser hulls and checking the "carrier: only" tag, and it didn't show up. It showed up when I excluded carriers. For determining ship type, does the mod not look for ships which have fighter bays?
I'll go ahead and bet that the Shadowyards mod doesn't tag that hull as a "Carrier" at all. The Hypernet mod only parses the loaded ship list.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2021, 02:33:20 PM »

Quick question: The search results only show ships which are currently available in stores, correct? Because I think it would be useful if the mod could keep an eye out for certain rare ships that are currently out of stock everywhere, but will show up when one becomes available. Otherwise there's a lot of manual checking every so often.
Sadly yes. Next major version (when 0.9.5 is out) will change it.

Correct - bays do not indicate a ship is a carrier, it is a separate flag (same with civilians). Might consider option to search for ships with bays only though.

shilum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2021, 03:19:43 PM »

umm forgive my ignorance, but how do i activate this mod? i downloaded the zip file and placed it into the mods folder but it does not show up

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2021, 04:30:40 PM »

umm forgive my ignorance, but how do i activate this mod? i downloaded the zip file and placed it into the mods folder but it does not show up
a) make sure you actually unzipped the mod
b) make sure that your path doesn't have an extra folder in it. I.E.: *\Starsector\mods\hypernet\mod_info.json

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2021, 12:10:11 PM »

Also make sure you download the release zip (will be named "hypernet-x.y.z.zip") and not the Github repository (that is named "Source code.".

Gabs88

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2021, 04:22:15 AM »

1.6.2 does not work with 1.9.5a plans on updating? Did I miss it by any chance?

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2021, 03:05:30 AM »

Works like charm in 0.95a-RC12. Just make sure to change "gameVersion" to "0.95a-RC12" in mod_info.json

I've tested on modspecs so far

It_that_watches

• Ensign
  • Effigy of Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2021, 12:13:35 PM »

Thanks for doing the testing! It's nice to have internet access back.

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2021, 01:49:48 PM »

Thanks for doing the testing! It's nice to have internet access back.
So true. This mod was released after I've stopped playing previous version and it' such a delight to have it now. I daresay this  is must have QoL feature mod.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5