Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Vandala's Mod Idea Collection Effort and Link Repository for Stuff I Made.  (Read 70245 times)

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies in space?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 12:45:45 AM »

I have not had that privilege. Bet it looks amazing.

I have bin shot to scrap metal by them when they swarm me in my earlier battles.

EDIT: Isn't editing the same for all ships? Or are bigger ships harder due to weapon slot placement? Or something?

It's memorizing  :o, though if by editing you mean just taking an existing ship and slappin new color and putting some data on it, than yeh it's the same. But I like to (but lack the imagination and inspiration and some serious drawing capabilities [sadly D';]) draw up Original (which is hard in a site with people who have made every shape of ship) and interesting sprites that keep the theme of my mods race theme. But I'm trying to come up with things that aren't like Starfarer ships (because of things like frankenships [no offence frankenship peeps, you most likely have more creativity and better looks than me]) and things like modern ships, like ironclads.

But we're not here to talk about my mod, we're here to talk about unicorn pony things shootin rainbows out of their engines!!!

;D You just made me remember something. Something that has to be done. Something, perhaps, even more awesome then space ponies. (if that's possible)

Gentleman, I give you, The Space Stallions!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM
Somebody, ANYBODY please mod this thing in, it's a freaking death star shaped like a horse moon thing.

Please do this, please, please, PLEASE?!?!?! I want a Mother Mustang.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:32 AM »

spriting is a *** when it comes to the bigger ships.

This is so, so, so, so, so, so true. Like my mods latest ship, the destroyer. Looks like complete utter crap.... But I got the shape I kinda wanted.

Edit: *facepalm* I'm so embarrassed to show this crappy thing. D:

I would personally go without that tail but hey it's your design, if you like it then be proud of it. Rest of it looks wicked. The hard part is probably the details on them. I don't know how they make them look so beautiful. Lots of practice I guess.

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 12:56:59 AM »

Quote from: Zilerrezko on Today at 12:37:56 AM
spriting is a *** when it comes to the bigger ships.

This is so, so, so, so, so, so true. Like my mods latest ship, the destroyer. Looks like complete utter crap.... But I got the shape I kinda wanted.

Edit: *facepalm* I'm so embarrassed to show this crappy thing. D:

I would personally go without that tail but hey it's your design, if you like it then be proud of it. Rest of it looks wicked. The hard part is probably the details on them. I don't know how they make them look so beautiful. Lots of practice I guess.

Yeah, the tail is the hardest part for me (I'm going to change it later) but it's where The main gun is going to be

You just made me remember something. Something that has to be done. Something, perhaps, even more awesome then space ponies. (if that's possible)

Gentleman, I give you, The Space Stallions!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM
Somebody, ANYBODY please mod this thing in, it's a freaking death star shaped like a horse moon thing.

Please do this, please, please, PLEASE?!?!?! I want a Mother Mustang.

:O, so..... so awesome, brings a tear to my eye :'D

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 12:59:21 AM »

Oh man now I want a Space Stallions mod.

Think of it. A big mothership: Mother Mustang is a carrier with 4 special tiny fighters, the space stallions on their horse jet thingies that are ridiculously overpowered. Could serve as a special boss kind for people who like an insane challenge and want a laugh at the same time.

As an extra you could also have Destructo in his weird laser-ray thing as a special boss. Firing terribly damaging energy shots halfway across the screen. And perhaps act as a carrier with infinite (or just very large) amounts of those egg things.

Anyone else feel this needs to happen?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:03:25 AM by Vandala »

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 01:01:41 AM »

As an extra you could also have Destructo in his weird laser-ray thing as a special boss. Firing terribly damaging energy shots halfway across the screen.

Well a couple days ago I made this Ridiculously overpowered god weapon shoots like over 200000 shots per minute.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 01:04:53 AM »

As an extra you could also have Destructo in his weird laser-ray thing as a special boss. Firing terribly damaging energy shots halfway across the screen.

Well a couple days ago I made this Ridiculously overpowered god weapon shoots like over 200000 shots per minute.

Something like that but still be beatable by the eventual fleet limits that are going to be a reality. But difficult, really push things.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »

in the interest of the horse theme.
the following is a list of horse...dishes. yum

Rosswurst
carpaccio
salsiccia di equino
sfilacci
paardenrookvlees
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 01:10:33 AM »

Quote from: Zilerrezko on Today at 01:01:41 AM

Something like that but still be beatable by the eventual fleet limits that are going to be a reality. But difficult, really push things.

That's fairly easy to do, just need a graphic for a gun to fire this laser of beatable, yet difficultness.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 01:17:54 AM »

People, people. I play dwarf fortress. With pony mods. Let that sink in for a moment.

There is nothing, you can tell, or show that will get to me. I've seen the very worst of this fandom, hell I'm part of the very worst.

Horse meat? Really? I have slaughtered hundreds of my little ponies with my little ponies, I've let them starve, I've forced them to fight and murder and made war, I've made them slaves amongst their own kind. That was just for fun, and I've seen worse. Such delicious colorful evil.
===
EDIT: Man I wish I could draw Zilerrezko.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:19:25 AM by Vandala »

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 01:20:35 AM »

I can never seem to get a fortress running in dwarf fortress, once I get my first migrant wave my organization sucks.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 01:27:20 AM »

I can never seem to get a fortress running in dwarf fortress, once I get my first migrant wave my organization sucks.
It's very easy. Just need a dedicated dwarf planter with a little bit of room to grow stuff, I go for 6x2 split up in six 2x1 parts. That can feed quite a few dwarfs. Have a dedicated brewer/cook and you at least won't starve. Make sure you have a dedicated miller as well. Dwarf fortress takes dedication, lots of it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 01:28:23 AM »

Some people say that Spring... well... kinda brings some crazies and nut-guys into the world. I begin to believe this.  ;D

No offence guys  8)

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 01:31:44 AM »

Some people say that Spring... well... kinda brings some crazies and nut-guys into the world. I begin to believe this. 

No offence guys 

:P

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 01:35:17 AM »

It's very easy. Just need a dedicated dwarf planter with a little bit of room to grow stuff, I go for 6x2 split up in six 2x1 parts. That can feed quite a few dwarfs. Have a dedicated brewer/cook and you at least won't starve. Make sure you have a dedicated miller as well. Dwarf fortress takes dedication, lots of it.
I've modded in about 5 or 6 new civilizations that trade (also 6 new races, 3 playable), a way to melt iron down to remove trace elements (nickel and platinum), a way to make mithril (from nickel and platinum), about 12 new armor types, and about 7 more megabeasts that can trick civilizations into thinking they are gods.

favorite race I created was the spiderfolk. four legs, four arms, poisonous bite, webbing, slow population growth.
"Watch me"

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 01:40:22 AM »

also made a race of firebreathing drakes, slow movement, dragonbreath (with a decent recharge rate once every 10 turns), no flight though, modeled their civilization off of oriental styles, so they get civ unique weapons and armor.
"Watch me"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11