Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.96a] Fleet Action History v1.0.10 - battle logs, ship kill counts and more  (Read 60880 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I use a lot of mods and everything work fine except when I add Vayra Sector Unofficial 0.95 Update. After a battle I got a crash. It is your mod or Vayra Sector? It's strange because I can't reproduce it. 20 battles in a row no crash and than suddenly this:

Spoiler
5850251 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyIntel cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.PersonBountyIntel
java.lang.ClassCastException: data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyIntel cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.PersonBountyIntel
   at fleethistory.types.BattleRecord.checkPersonBounty(BattleRecord.java:228)
   at fleethistory.listeners.BattleListener.reportBattleFinished(BattleListener.java:350)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportBattleFinished(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.applyAfterBattleEffect sIfThereWasABattle(FleetEncounterContext.java:790)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl$4.coreUIDismissed(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1607)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper$2.coreUIDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.k.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.xD20000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

There was some discussion on discord in the past week about changing the base class that Vayra's sector VayraPersonBountyIntel had.  This is likely related. 

briansd9

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I use a lot of mods and everything work fine except when I add Vayra Sector Unofficial 0.95 Update. After a battle I got a crash. It is your mod or Vayra Sector? It's strange because I can't reproduce it. 20 battles in a row no crash and than suddenly this

I'm releasing a new version to prevent this crash from happening again - please update to v1.0.7
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 10:59:12 PM by briansd9 »

Athrahasis

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Wonderful mod. I love this type of thing.

JoinTheDarkSide

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I absolutely love this mod, thank you, author, for your efforts!
During my playthrough I discovered that Fleet Action Log tends to grow ridiculously long due to its including of ships that I'd salvaged after battle and instantly mothballed them to be sold directly after at nearest station.
Maybe it is my playstyle that is in fault here, but from 108 records 75 are of ships with only two entries - "Recovered in X" and "Sold on Y" (some of them even with one "Recovered" without "Sold" part). Is possible to clear log of this information on my side or maybe you will consider adding similar feature in some future update?

briansd9

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I absolutely love this mod, thank you, author, for your efforts!
During my playthrough I discovered that Fleet Action Log tends to grow ridiculously long due to its including of ships that I'd salvaged after battle and instantly mothballed them to be sold directly after at nearest station.
Maybe it is my playstyle that is in fault here, but from 108 records 75 are of ships with only two entries - "Recovered in X" and "Sold on Y" (some of them even with one "Recovered" without "Sold" part). Is possible to clear log of this information on my side or maybe you will consider adding similar feature in some future update?

Hello, thanks for the support :-)

About your question, that can be done in the settings, see the "In-game configuration" section in the first post for an example. Setting "battles fought" to something other than 0 should do what you want... you can also check "hide inactive" (but this will also filter out your ships that actually died fighting)

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Just released version 1.0.6 to fix the bug that makes saves unloadable.

Instructions for repairing affected savefiles are in the post above this one. If anyone needs help with this, send me your save and I'll fix it for you

I have version 1.0.6 and my game save seems to also experience this sort of error. This tends to occur after another error that's just as inconvenient.

Here's my save.

briansd9

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just released version 1.0.6 to fix the bug that makes saves unloadable.

Instructions for repairing affected savefiles are in the post above this one. If anyone needs help with this, send me your save and I'll fix it for you

I have version 1.0.6 and my game save seems to also experience this sort of error. This tends to occur after another error that's just as inconvenient.

Here's my save.

Please update to the current version 1.0.7, this fixes a crash related to Vayra's Sector which I noticed on your modlist.

Your save does not have the problem in that post, no CURR_BATTLE_CHILD_PARENT_SHIPS found, so I can't fix it for you, sorry. Seems unrelated to this mod, as it's not doing anything in the situation you described (entering a specific system or viewing a colony)

According to the log, the game crashes when reading line 1967940 of your save. Peeked in the savefile and didn't see anything obviously wrong, but the data at that position is about a ship named HHS Prize of High Orbit.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile

This is one of my favorite mods. It fixes a big problem that bothers me in otger versions of the game, where it lacks any mechanism that can translate the encounters and characters of your campaign into a memorable story. It all ends up feeling like a big pot of mush, at the end of a long playthrough. This adds some desperately needed context and structure that allow you to really comprehend how far you and your crew have come, from where they've come, and it's amazing. I can't play without it

briansd9

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This is one of my favorite mods. It fixes a big problem that bothers me in otger versions of the game, where it lacks any mechanism that can translate the encounters and characters of your campaign into a memorable story. It all ends up feeling like a big pot of mush, at the end of a long playthrough. This adds some desperately needed context and structure that allow you to really comprehend how far you and your crew have come, from where they've come, and it's amazing. I can't play without it

Thanks very much for the support - that's pretty much why I built this, to preserve the story of my own fleets. Also working on something that might allow it to be exported for viewing outside the game 8)

I've just released v1.0.8 to prevent a rare crash of unknown cause and show a big red error in the ship's battle log instead (hopefully we can catch the mod that's causing it)

acantoni

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is there a way to see the -AVERAGE per Battle-     Points/Kills/Death/Assist of ships in my fleet?  Now i can do the calculation in my own head by dividing the kpis for the number of battlest, but it would be good to have the option to see them already

For example if a ship has done 20 battles and done 77 kills show me kills = 3.85 k/b

briansd9

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just released v1.0.9 as a compatibility update for Starsector 0.96 - no substantial changes

Is there a way to see the -AVERAGE per Battle-     Points/Kills/Death/Assist of ships in my fleet?  Now i can do the calculation in my own head by dividing the kpis for the number of battlest, but it would be good to have the option to see them already

For example if a ship has done 20 battles and done 77 kills show me kills = 3.85 k/b

I'll consider it... right now can't think of a good place to show this stat though, any suggestions?

Okaenia

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just a thanks for the update! This mod is one of my must-have.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile

wot is this and is it necessary to log?

Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Lupin III.

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I love statistics so I love this mod! It makes it a lot easier to know which of my ship loadouts are crap  ;) .

A suggestion that would make it even easier:
on the table that shows the total stats for my fleet's ships, it would be nice to have another column that shows average destroyed/assisted fleet points per battle per deployment point of the respective ship. As ships that have a lot of combats will almost always have a lot more "fleet points" than one that you just recently added to the fleet it's hard to tell if a new design is working. Also large ships will almost always have more destroyed fleet points than small ships. But considering the DP of the large ship maybe it would be better to deploy 10 frigates instead of a capital ship?

zaihn49

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just released v1.0.9 as a compatibility update for Starsector 0.96 - no substantial changes

I'll consider it... right now can't think of a good place to show this stat though, any suggestions?

Same, this would be helpful for normalizing the results. I don't use every ship every battle.

Can add it in the table next to Total Fleet Points? Even Total Fleet Points / Battles would be helpful as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]