Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Starsector Final Shape  (Read 1444 times)

Andres

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Starsector Final Shape
« on: October 01, 2020, 04:30:52 PM »

Hi guys. I was wondering. Is there any clue on what the final version of Starsector would be like? Any formal wishlist from the devs? If not, whats your guess?
Since the last version is the 0.9.1a it might be very close the way it is to the future version 1.0

Cheers :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector Final Shape
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 05:52:28 PM »

Well, the once-long list on the main Starsector landing page had just a single "Upcoming Feature" left on it: Determine the fate of the Sector by your actions.

It is by far the most ambiguous feature listed, but potentially encompasses more content than any other feature.  There's still a ways to go - we'll probably hit 0.10.x before 1.0.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Andres

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 08:35:00 PM »

Ahh, true, I saw that, and yes, it is quite vague. Hope we get some news about it.
Thx for the reply  ;)

SaberCherry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 11:07:47 AM »

I imagine the sector will be attacked by an ancient race of giant predatory caterpillars, and the player will have to put together a coalition of starfaring quirky alien races to defeat them.

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 01:57:27 PM »

I imagine the sector will be attacked by an ancient race of giant predatory caterpillars, and the player will have to put together a coalition of starfaring quirky alien races to defeat them.

Just to confirm, we're going to be attacked by giant caterpillars and have to use all of our skills as social butterflies to defeat them?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 03:56:47 PM »

I doubt Starsector will have a crossover with the Star Control franchise.

That said, if such a crossover happened, I would think that messing with dimensions ought to attract the Orz and/or whatever ate the Androsynth.