Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not finding much in the way of blueprints????  (Read 1029 times)

Totally NotSpacePabloEsca

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Not finding much in the way of blueprints????
« on: September 27, 2020, 09:38:05 AM »

Hello, just started playing Starsector. I played a little vanilla and a little lightly modded. I've gone nuts and added Nerexelin, Vayra's Sector, and Grand Sector mod..... plus every faction mod I could squeeze in.....

Problem is since I added all the mods I'm not really finding blueprints anymore. I've surveyed 300+ planets and not a single pristine nanoforge. The few blueprints I have found I keep finding multiples of....

Is there something I can look at in the files to see if it's a mod conflict??? Did I just get hosed by RNGesus? Is this a known problem when you go mod crazy???

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Not finding much in the way of blueprints????
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »

Grand Sector increases sector size without actually spawning more content. You just get loads of empty systems.

Use Adjusted Sector instead.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 12:33:22 AM »

Also, salvaging lvl 3 skill will help a bit force yo to use a pristine NF as a door stop.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Totally NotSpacePabloEsca

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 10:47:35 AM »

Well crap.... Finally became self sufficient with 6 colonies and didn't have to trade anymore. .... But I can't progress any further because of crap blueprints.... Argggg really don't wanna start over :(
*Shakes fist at the guy who made Grand Sector*   

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 12:14:17 PM »

Well crap.... Finally became self sufficient with 6 colonies and didn't have to trade anymore. .... But I can't progress any further because of crap blueprints.... Argggg really don't wanna start over :(
*Shakes fist at the guy who made Grand Sector*

I know this is self-defeating, but, you could install the Console Command mod to add blueprints at your leisure
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 12:35:22 PM »

You could also raid the heavy industry markets of other factions to get blueprints they own. That's how I got the Astral and Paragon blueprints on my current playthrough, in fact. I wasn't having much luck finding them through exploring, so...I asked a couple thousand Marines to "acquire" them from Culann. It took some attempts, but it worked ;D.