Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mods deactivating on save failure?  (Read 305 times)

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Mods deactivating on save failure?
« on: September 20, 2020, 07:57:25 PM »

Win7, i5-4590, GTX 1060 6GB and 16gb of ram with SS installed on a secondary SSD.

I've had this issue pop up in two games now, one lightly modded and a Nex playthrough with additional factions.

I'm not really sure what causes the issue in the first place, but in some rare cases the game will seemingly disable mods after a save failure. In both cases the mods were disabled after the game failed to save due to a GC overhead exceeded error (Playthrough 1 was using stock memory settings, 2 the memory limit was raised up to 6gb).

Playthrough 1 was getting mods added throughout, so I didn't think much when that save crapped itself. Figured that I'd installed something that really shouldn't have been added in mid-game, or that Capture Crew was overloading the save since I was trying to save when I had around a hundred or so captured officers. Playthrough 2 though didn't have any new mods added in mid game nor any mod updates, and the issue started popping up when I didn't have any captured officers.

I don't have the saves or logs anymore (Though I'll look over the logs if/when the issue pops up on try 3 for anything relevant), but I'm mostly just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if so what could be done to prevent it?