Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sylphon Mod Fatal Error  (Read 493 times)

Nightthyme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Sylphon Mod Fatal Error
« on: September 20, 2020, 04:12:27 PM »

Upon start up I get the attached fatal error.  The hull it says is missing is in the mod's hull folder.  So not sure what to do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also having a crash with the Tahlan Shipworks mod where it is the same notification just with the castigator hull which is also present in its hull folder.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 04:16:24 PM by Nightthyme »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Sylphon Mod Fatal Error
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 06:42:17 PM »

First line of trouble-shooting for this sort of error is to open up your saves folder and try deleting mission variants; those can get out of sync when you update mods.

Second line of trouble-shooting is to check for case-sensitivity errors; things asking for "MyShip" when the actual file is "Myship" or the like.

@Alex: Could you make it so that saved mission variants don't crash the game when they refer to something that's been removed?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 06:55:32 PM »

@Alex: Could you make it so that saved mission variants don't crash the game when they refer to something that's been removed?

(Currently it's not crashing but just printing an exception to the log, so: I probably did this at some point.)

Nightthyme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 08:55:43 AM »

I've tried resetting things by removing all save games which sucked but what can you do.  Still gettin getting the same error.  Where would I look for these case sensitivity errors?