Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] No ship recovery with certain battle outcomes  (Read 697 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
[0.9.1a] No ship recovery with certain battle outcomes
« on: September 19, 2020, 06:27:56 AM »

- I did a full retreat in an engagement round
- Afterwards, the enemy decided to disengage, I could not pursue because of losses
- I was not given the option to recover my disabled/destroyed ships, lost all of them

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] No ship recovery with certain battle outcomes
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 10:22:11 AM »

Thank you for the report! Ahh, can't believe that hasn't come up before. Fixed.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 07:34:24 AM »

This also happens if you full retreat from a battle joined by interacting with a market.

(Market interaction battles are kind of a mess in general, among other things you don't have a pursue option after winning)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 09:29:15 AM »

Hmm? If you full-retreat, you wouldn't get ship recovery, regardless, right - am I missing something?

(As far as market battles, there's no pursue option, yeah. It's pretty much just how it works; the focus is on the station, not whatever defenders which presumably get away with it for cover etc etc...)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 05:19:48 PM »

Hmm? If you full-retreat, you wouldn't get ship recovery, regardless, right - am I missing something?
I mean that after the full retreat, I planned to do another engagement round with the ships which had retreated in said round due to PPT or damage (and got a Field Repairs 2 patch-up in the process), as I would have in a normal battle. But instead the battle ended immediately and took my recovery options with it.

(As far as market battles, there's no pursue option, yeah. It's pretty much just how it works; the focus is on the station, not whatever defenders which presumably get away with it for cover etc etc...)
Thing is, if you did the exact same battle* except by interacting with one of the nearby fleets instead of the market, it does act normally in that you do get to pursue etc.

*Well, we could say it's conceptually not the same battle; it can be implied that by clicking on the fleet instead of the station, the player makes that entity the focus as you say
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:08:10 PM by Histidine »