Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Starsector but its actually the Brandish OST  (Read 1090 times)

Disco Wizard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Starsector but its actually the Brandish OST
« on: September 18, 2020, 06:25:51 PM »

Whats crackalakin my dudes? Tis I, the wizard of the disco! I've made my first attempt at an actual mod and I'm here to share the fruits of my labor. I'm completely new to modding or really just everything in general, but I've done my absolute best to make this as well is a i could. I hope its all up to snuff.

As the name of this mod suggests, I.ve swapped out starsectors OST with the OST from an obscure PC-98 game from 1991, Brandish. Simply due to where I found these songs there is a small annoyance in locations that only have one track for me to play. Markets and encounters music will quite obviously loop and there isn't anything i can do about that. Obviously I don't own or claim to own any of these songs.

This has been a passion project for me during the last while. its certainly simple but im less then inexperienced when it comes to any actual code and modding. something like this is a step in a new direction for me and I still clearly have a lot to learn. I do how ever hope to make more mods in a similar fashion to this one. I quite enjoyed making this.

Anyways, now that I've finished blathering, you can download the mod here off of github. I'm not familiar with any other code sharing sites so i haven't added any. if you need an alternate link I'll do me best to provide one
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 09:34:13 PM by Disco Wizard »

Disco Wizard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starsector but its actually the Brandish OST
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 01:40:51 PM »

Oops, i had a few unneeded files that made starsector crash when your tried to launch it with the mod active. that's my bad. its all fixed up and it should run just fine now. my mistake for not properly hashing things out before posting this mod