Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] The Star Federation v0.99-RC5 - Inspired by FTL (5/23/23)  (Read 330395 times)

WooksterRu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] The Star Federation v0.7.2a (Inspired by FTL)
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2021, 12:16:51 PM »

the mod is absolutely beautiful, but completely busted in Nex, the invasion fleets are busted OP with the amount of Hard Flux they can sustain coupled with their infinite swarms of fighters, they just steam roll the entire sector :(

Edit: I realized that most of the factions they have been steam rolling are using nothing but anti-armor mounts severely handicapping themselves sorry If for the over exaggeration. But your mod is awesome though xD
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 02:04:06 PM by WooksterRu »

LeStinke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2021, 05:20:28 PM »

I'm getting an crash whenever one of the ships blows up, doesn't happen with any other ships, only noticed it now when I had to hunt a Federation deserter. I can't make much out of it apart from it being related to the ship destruction effects, any idea what could cause this? Could it be GraphicsLib related?
Spoiler
124600 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.dark.graphics.plugins.ShipDestructionEffects.suppressEffects(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;ZZ)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.dark.graphics.plugins.ShipDestructionEffects.suppressEffects(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;ZZ)V
   at data.scripts.plugins.fed_shipDeath.explode(fed_shipDeath.java:206)
   at data.scripts.plugins.fed_shipDeath.advance(fed_shipDeath.java:305)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.float$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:22:34 PM by LeStinke »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2021, 05:52:48 PM »

I'm getting an crash whenever one of the ships blows up, doesn't happen with any other ships, only noticed it now when I had to hunt a Federation deserter. I can't make much out of it apart from it being related to the ship destruction effects, any idea what could cause this? Could it be GraphicsLib related?
Spoiler
124600 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.dark.graphics.plugins.ShipDestructionEffects.suppressEffects(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;ZZ)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.dark.graphics.plugins.ShipDestructionEffects.suppressEffects(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;ZZ)V
[close]

I believe you need to update your Graphicslib.

LeStinke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2021, 09:44:49 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

I believe you need to update your Graphicslib.

Thank you very much, that was indeed the issue, thankfully I got to keep my save this time. Amazing mod all in all, I absolutely love the ships, you've really done a great job adapting them into Starsector, ships both look and feel great, I will admit that at first I was going to use the Federation as target practice but they won me over the moment I saw their fleets in action absolutely tearing up the Askonia system, I had to get a piece of it and I don't think I'm going back to my usual low tech / midline shenanigans any time soon, good stuff.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2021, 11:53:33 AM »

I have been writing some feedback in the Seeker thread after my campaign. Since i also used some Federation ships, it's natural that i write about those as well. I haven't tried as many ships as in my other post, however i do have quite a bit to say about those i used.

During this campaign, i had a few Centa carriers to back me up. They did their jobs very well, for a good reason, they are clearly too strong right now. Cheap, tiny skeleton crew, large cargo and fuel capacity. Logistic wise, the Centa is noticeably superior to its vanilla competitors. Combat wise, it got two flight decks plus a third one with a built-in pulse laser drone. Also good flux stats, top of the line shield efficiency and a very comfortable amount of OPs to fit expensive fighters, plus the required hullmods. Add on top of that some cruiser-level peak-performance time and very decent speed, the Centa is overpowered.

It's also quite heavily armed. While a Centa doesn't want to brawl, it's three missiles hardpoints allows it to support the rest of the fleet at a safe distance. The front energy turret makes for a good range-finder, while the two side ones tends to be fitted with point defense. There's only the rear turret with a strangely narrow arc that i can't really make good use of, so i always leave it empty.

While we're still talking about armament, i used the Leto SRM for my Centas. The Leto is a dirt cheap, ammoless weapon launching two missiles dealing 700 frag and EMP each. Slightly higher reload time than the Salamander (30 seconds vs 25), which isn't a problem given the Leto's Fast missile racks system. The tracking isn't that great, but again, the Centa have enough OPs for ECCM package to compensate this issue. This is not a weapon designed to take on large opponents, not enough damage to crack open shields and armor. Frigates and destroyer however, have much to fear from those. Hell, even bigger ships aren't completely immune due to the noticeable EMP effect.

The built-in Omnidrone is also pretty nasty. It's overall stats are fairly good without being outrageous, but it does have a very low base replacement time, as much as a Broadsword. A single drone with a pulse laser almost feels irrelevant in the late game. But early on, it's a terrifying fighter to face against. 300 DPS (not quite because of its limited flux) is no joke for a frigate or even a destroyer.

I expect the nerf bat to fall hard on this one. It's too good in every possible aspects. One suggestion : change the rear energy turret into a synergy, and one or two missiles into energy. That would somewhat nerf its overall missile spam capacity, as well as giving purpose to that weird rear turret. Although it would need more than that to fall in line with its vanilla counterparts.

Later on, i used a Kestral as my flagship. Comparatively, it seems fairly close to the Eagle both in stats and combat role. However, the Kestral is cheaper, faster, tougher, more endurant, and arguably better armed thanks to its built-in wing of two omnidrones. It's not completely better though, its shield arc is narrow, and can shrink further with hard flux. Its flux stats are also a bit weaker, and it requires a lot more CR to deploy. Regardless, i still think the Kestral is overtuned.

For some reason, it also got a built-in advanced turret gyro. Does it really needs it? It got more than enough OPs to afford it the normal way.

For my flagship, i went for a safety override build, with great results. With SO, Unstable injector and using the Divert Weapon Power system, the Kestral can do short dash around the map at ludcrious speed (faster than a Hound !). On top of that, the increased shield durability gained from using the system makes this ship extremely hard to pin down. The narrow shield emitter is one important thing to keep in mind when dealing with EMP though. As getting your engines flamed out in the middle of a brawl can get ugly really fast.

The last fed ship i got was the Nesasio phase cruiser. And oh boy. It was the flashiest and most efficient thing in my fleet. Its Starship legends rating after battle was always above 200%, and it would tear apart the majority of the enemy's fleet by itself. I remember during one battle, it was cornered against the side of the map by two VIC cruisers and three destroyers. Those got trounced, hard. No, i was not piloting it when it did so, the AI was. It is by far the most capable AI phase ship i used in Starsector. By the end of the campaign, i had assembled a squad of 4 Nesasios, and the game was pretty much done at this point. With a loadout of high-burst damage, it could drill through the heaviest armor and shielding in two or three volleys.

I had the feeling the Nesasio was a bit too strong. After looking more closely at the stats, it's for a good reason. The Nesasio is probably the fastest cruiser in the game, even more so with the Antimatter Injector that can be charged before cloaking. There's not much that cannot be flanked by a Nesasio, or chase it when it's disengaging. Mobility wise, it's on a whole new level compared to normal phase ships.

Not just its speed. It's also blessed with gigantic flux capacity, 17.000, as much as an Onslaught ! No wonder my Nesasios could wreck things so quickly, they had the capacity to sustain fire with even the most flux expensive weapons. Of course, a massive amount of ordnance points to mount these guns, max out flux capacity and vent, as well as an entire array of hullmods does help.

And it's a relatively cheap cruiser as well at 24 DPs only, a tiny bit less than a Dominator, yet vastly more deadly. Burn 9 too, because why not. The Nesasio is really in need of a severe nerf in my opinion. Another thing i noted : the description makes mention of a quicker cycling phase cloak. From my testing however, the cloak cooldown seems slower than vanilla ships. Around 4 seconds cooldown for the Nesasio, and 3 for standard phase ships. Is that a bug? Or am i interpreting "quick cycling cloak" wrong?

That's all for now. From what i experienced, Star Federation ships have a tendency to be overtuned, or at least those three. Despite this, i quite enjoyed having the faction in my game, and i think i'll keep the mod on for futures campaigns. I'm also eager to see what you have in store for us with the next update.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] The Star Federation v0.7.2a (Inspired by FTL)
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2021, 03:24:09 PM »

Hey folks, just a quick compatibility release for those of you looking to get your FTL vibes on.

Changelog:
Spoiler
Quick indev patch for Starsector update 0.95a
Planets have fixed interaction and market texts. No more going to the marketfloor before your fleet is granted docking clearance.
Added a tiny new indie fuel refinery to the orbit of Cessitoc
Adjusted most industries in the main system:
   -Most importantly, Scaria's orbital Works now starts with a degraded nanoforge
Balance adjustments lost to time and space:
   -Centa carriers were hit with a supply nerfbat.
   -Shields of various ships were adjusted; hopefully easier to break and kill.
   -Probably more?
New ship: Resolute-class battleship. Basically a bad survey-friendly onslaught. 
Removed Graphicslib and Magiclib dependencies, for now. :(
[close]

Click the image to download! 0.7.3 as of 3/28/2021
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 09:55:23 PM by Sleepyfish »

Rick273

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] The Star Federation v0.7.3 (Inspired by FTL)
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2021, 01:58:11 PM »

Hi

the download link takes you to v0.7.2a ... not v0.7.3

7,2a is not compatible  with 0.95a ...

is there a link to the newer version somewhere please?

Rick

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2021, 02:12:45 PM »

Hi

the download link takes you to v0.7.2a ... not v0.7.3

7,2a is not compatible  with 0.95a ...

is there a link to the newer version somewhere please?

Rick

check the msg above your comment

Rick273

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2021, 02:24:16 PM »

cheers

Rick273

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2021, 02:27:13 PM »

Damn it still wont work with the latest version ...

it says its compatible with 0.95a-RC10

and the latest version is 0.95a-RC11

Sigh

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2021, 03:00:49 PM »

Damn it still wont work with the latest version ...

it says its compatible with 0.95a-RC10

and the latest version is 0.95a-RC11

Sigh

Updated in the main post, my bad. Also it will work between RC releases, as most of those are bug fixes for vanilla. Happy FTLing!

That_Dude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2021, 03:08:24 PM »

Paths in Linux are case sensitive.

https://i.imgur.com/Z2OsOGE.png

I changed the name, but then it was wanting all uppercase again for some other file.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:10:13 PM by That_Dude »

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2021, 05:56:26 PM »

I always thought the Invader (and its FTL counterpart, was it "Elite Fighter" and a pirate fighter?) was such a slick, beautiful ship. Now I can enjoy it in Starsector! I just hope it's at least somewhat formidable. ;D

Thanks for the mod!

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2021, 06:04:29 PM »

Paths in Linux are case sensitive.

https://i.imgur.com/Z2OsOGE.png

I changed the name, but then it was wanting all uppercase again for some other file.

Bloody linux. That little caveat with case sensitive file names is such an issue. Will see about fixing it, if I can.

I always thought the Invader (and its FTL counterpart, was it "Elite Fighter" and a pirate fighter?) was such a slick, beautiful ship. Now I can enjoy it in Starsector! I just hope it's at least somewhat formidable. ;D

Thanks for the mod!

You're welcome! Think of it as a Shrike but faster, and a bit more sustainable on the dakka side of things. Flux is important to have too.

Rick273

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2021, 12:49:33 AM »

Hi

I got it working ... very cool to see the FTL ships in the game.

Are you planning to add the other races from FTl  ... Slug, Engi, Rock, Mantis, Crystal?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21