Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gemini stole Conquest's name  (Read 1782 times)

zeno

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Gemini stole Conquest's name
« on: August 24, 2020, 01:55:22 PM »

That's right.  The Conquest should have been named "Gemini", and the current Gemini can buzz off and find its own name.

"Its name is Latin for twins, and it is associated with the twins Castor and Pollux in Greek mythology."

Yea I know there are unorthodox loads for Conquest to fly it nose-forward.  But by and large, it's M.O. basically lets the player fly as 2 ships at once based on what you put on each side.  Long range / close range, anti-shield / anti-armor, balanced / flak, Castor / Pollux, Jekyll / Hyde, etc.  Pick your preferred combination of any two and make your own "twin" capital to adapt to any challenge you may find!  You even have a bunch of missile mounts to cover whatever gap that might exist.

Oh you're getting overwhelmed by enemies?  It's okay!  You're flying one of the two capitals that can reliably disengage.  Regroup, redeploy, and try again!

Heck, the hull design even resembles the Gemini symbol!

give the Conquest back its proper name.

this is a thinly veiled attempt to have yet another thread about how Conquest is the best player ship in the game.  Fight me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 01:57:44 PM by zeno »

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Gemini stole Conquest's name
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 02:00:24 PM »

That's surprisingly apt.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 02:30:15 PM »

As much as it makes more sense for it to have the name "Gemini", at the same time I'm glad it doesn't, since then even more players would think of only doing symmetric builds. Thus not uncovering the potential of the true best player ship. (I'm glad we're all settled here that it's the best, I can't imagine anyone not thinking that way HAHAHA)
Please don't take me too seriously.

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 06:35:54 PM »

this is a thinly veiled attempt to have yet another thread about how Conquest is the best player ship in the game.  Fight me.

Bad choice of words, Capital ship in Gauss+Tachyon Lance+Cyclone Reaper Laucher range, also don't try to back off using you Manuvering Jets, they are useless, my base 50 speed is more than enought to cath up to you and to destroy you, in fact I don't even need to use my system do destroy you.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:42:05 PM by pedro1_1 »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 01:55:25 AM »

Symbology hypothesis checks out

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 06:26:04 AM »

Behold! The Psi!

(Paragon = Omega checks out, though. Gemini for Conquest is actually kind of cool, too)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 06:27:37 AM by FooF »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 08:10:42 AM »

I'm used to the Conquest name now. It's fitting that second fastest capital ship that the player can use is named after a horseman. And in some cases (depends on player preference), it's more of a Siamese twin, which I'm not sure is a good connection to make.

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 11:50:05 AM »

I'm used to the Conquest name now. It's fitting that second fastest capital ship that the player can use is named after a horseman. And in some cases (depends on player preference), it's more of a Siamese twin, which I'm not sure is a good connection to make.

Siamese twins are always connected though
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2020, 11:58:35 AM »

I present to you...The Delta!

[attachment deleted by admin]
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

zeno

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 01:00:56 AM »

Bad choice of words, Capital ship in Gauss+Tachyon Lance+Cyclone Reaper Laucher range, also don't try to back off using you Manuvering Jets, they are useless, my base 50 speed is more than enought to cath up to you and to destroy you, in fact I don't even need to use my system do destroy you.

by the time you get into reaper range you've already lost the flux war to my dual gauss.  The manuvering jets isn't for backing off, it's for 180 noscope HELLBORE and gg.

shrek_luigi

• Ensign
  • im green as ****
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 08:29:34 AM »

As much as it makes more sense for it to have the name "Gemini", at the same time I'm glad it doesn't, since then even more players would think of only doing symmetric builds. Thus not uncovering the potential of the true best player ship. (I'm glad we're all settled here that it's the best, I can't imagine anyone not thinking that way HAHAHA)

this--i prefer a mixture of small medium & sometimes even large PD mounts--that are asymmetrically aligned but still provide good coverage--and oftentimes a complete mishmash of different weapons to fill the rest of it out.... to create an absolutely disgusting chimera of a ship
@Shrek_luigi: While I applaud your choice of flagship, please don't circumvent the profanity filter.

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2020, 09:26:25 AM »

by the time you get into reaper range you've already lost the flux war to my dual gauss.  The manuvering jets isn't for backing off, it's for 180 noscope HELLBORE and gg.

By the time I enter reaper range you are either whit disabled engines(Tachyon Lance) or overloaded and I don't need the shields to stop a tachyon lance from hitting any of my weapons against a conquest, but you do, also I can open shields as soon as you try your hellbore shinanigans

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2020, 09:30:46 AM »

and on and on and on but realistically HELMUT can solo the both of you with half a Hound! And that's a fact!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.