Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Change other Factions Doctrines  (Read 553 times)

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Change other Factions Doctrines
« on: August 13, 2020, 06:16:38 AM »

My Current Situation:
  • New Nex. Game starting with Mayasura. Which mean I got Governorship of Mairaath on Day 1.
  • Adjusting Fleet Doctrine; especially more emphasis on Quality
  • Going to Mairaath Market; Fleet Size& Ship Quality still using Mayasuras Doctrine, Patrol Ships included
  • Noticing, that technically the Market still belongs to Mayasura, not my own Faction (first time I "bought" Governorship)
  • Creating my own Faction; still no change on Mairaath
  • Tried ceding and rebuying my own colony and Mairaath; still no change, and my own colony I ceded now also "belongs" to Mayasura and uses their Doctrine
  • For now I just cede Planets and rebuy them with Money I cheat in.

For RP reasons I don't want my own Faction (yet); I usually Cede new Colonies or invaded ones to Mayasura; gives me NPC markets too. But those Patrols having 3-4 D-Mods (no Nanoforges yet), and seeing that Patrol ships are subpar Ships despite having food Blueprints is frustrating. Basically I try to RP as a more competent Independent Governor.

My Questions:
  • Is it possible to change a Factions Doctrine or make it use my own?
  • Should I just "become" Mayasura, aka using commands to change Market Owners and use their Flag? Although I'd like it not to be a Player Faction, since NPC Factions have Auto-Invasion Fleets and some scripted Relations/ Events.