Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: So i became the only producer of fuel in the universe  (Read 2305 times)

jajco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
So i became the only producer of fuel in the universe
« on: August 14, 2020, 12:11:02 AM »

And months later nothing happened, my income just got a bit better and that's it.

Universe is producing 8 fuel in total, in one of my planets. Demand for fuel is I don't know, around 100? Still no fuel shortages anywhere, even my enemies that cant trade with me are just fine. Its disappointing to see that this global economy in starsector is just an illusion.

Anybody knows is there a mod that fixes this?

Thanks

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: So i became the only producer of fuel in the universe
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 03:44:24 AM »

Iirc the Production Numbers are like Colony Size: Exponential; so producing 8 Units of Fuel means you produce 10^8 = 100.000.000 Units. But Production Units are obviously different then the ones in Storage.

Also it means that the colony can produces 8 Units infinitely; only Demands over 8 Units will have shortages under normal circumstances

If you look into the market date in a new game, you'll notice that Sindria always has Volatiles shortages, because there isn't a big enough Producer yet, same for Drugs on the Biggest Colonies

jajco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 12:13:07 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

This system is weird... I realize doing it realistically would mean insane amount of work, if even possible, but that means resource control means only credits. nothing else.
Simple check if your alliance have access to someone with resources would make this much more interesting. Or at the very minimum allowing us to stop trading certain resource outside of our faction.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 12:28:10 PM »

Or at the very minimum allowing us to stop trading certain resource outside of our faction.

Factions leveraging economic sanctions and embargoes would be very interesting.

Kali666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 06:29:49 PM »

If it's exponential then selling 3 units of food for 10k but selling 6 units of food for 20k is also weird

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 01:09:29 AM »

It sometimes is linear and sometimes isn't. Every unit of a given commodity is always worth the same (for example, whether a colony has a 4 demand of metals and has only 3 supply, or if it has a demand of 10 and supply of 9, it always needs just 500 units of metal to satisfy the shortage temporarily), yet despite that, you can never combine smaller supplies to satisfy larger demands. A supply of a given level can satisfy infinite number of demands of the same size or smaller, too.

Chaia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 01:20:30 PM »

The producer/demand system works like that: Any planet has a certain demand for a certain good. Like planet 1 needs 8 units of food. Then it checks if there is any producer with at least 8 food and then checks accessibilty and other facts to calculate the incoming amount of goods.
Then this is done for the next planet, but the 8 units of food of the producer isn't taken away, it counts again. So one large planet can supply an unlimited amount of small planets

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 07:43:13 AM »

Production is a tier based system. A tier 6 fuel producer can satisfy all planets with 6 demand or less.
The profit pool depends on the total units being consumed across the galaxy. It gets distributed to all producers depending on production ability and planet access.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2020, 05:58:39 PM »

it's important to check "global market value" because it'll tell you the maximum revenue and then your revenue is how much of that market you can corner. so if you'd been edging your way up slowly towards 100% then you wouldn't notice much of an increase.

question is now: what facilities would you need to raid in order to get the proper shortage for the commodity you want to exploit? and even more importantly: would it even effect the global market value?