Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Stellar Logistics 1.3.1 - courier services  (Read 39466 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Stellar Logistics - courier, warehousing, and information services
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 01:22:13 PM »

@Worachot Thanks for reporting - it's something I haven't thought of (assumed the game loads fine thus everything works) and missed in my tests. Fixed in 0.10.1 (only affects people adding mod mid-game).
@SukmaZaki This mod started as QoL fixes for my own gameplay (like initially to solve the problem of all my weapons being on planet X and having to go there every time I wanted to change my fleet setup) and I never expected it to be gaining traction. Glad others find it useful - cheers.

Legacy Version of Stellar Logistics

Wed Sep 09 2020 - 0.10.1
  • Bugfix: Add StellNET skill when enabling mod in an existing save
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:55:27 AM by Jaghaimo »

Worachot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2020, 10:40:38 AM »

This and More Officer Skill really make the game more enjoyable.

Thanks for the mod, 10/10 fully recommended.

where can i find the more officer skills mod?

when searching for it i only found people talking about it causing lag. if its true, has it been fixed?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 07:14:01 AM »

@Worachot It is this mod most likely: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16544.15
Do note that it does not play well with Better Colonies (according to the thread), and if you are after just raising officer level limit - you can do it in settings.json.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »

@Worachot It is this mod most likely: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16544.15
Do note that it does not play well with Better Colonies (according to the thread), and if you are after just raising officer level limit - you can do it in settings.json.

Not Officer Level Limit, darling. But more options skill when leveling your Officer, i don't want to reload save just to re-roll the skill i get, the vanilla only give you 2 options, with that mod you can have 4 selection skill to level up, say good bye to RNG bs, it's nice to have a little more control in your life, it's not really incompatible with Better Colony, the mod work by calling the UI everytime you open certain part of the UI, the effect of it just a little stutter when opening map mostly, worth it tbh, it's really reduce the pain of leveling Officer.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2020, 01:25:00 PM »

^Sorry mis-read, lol. There is a improved version of the script on the mod page, try that out.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2020, 02:43:49 PM »

Legacy Version of Stellar Logistics

Version 0.11.1 is out (sorry for the warehouse crash)!

This release adds a basic courier services completing the three key aspects of the mod: courier, warehousing, and information (services). I say basic, as originally I wanted to spawn the courier fleet to travel to the player (and either bring the cargo or pick it up). In the end this felt too tedious - having to wait for the courier to arrive in system (as it would be spawned at the nearest Stellar Logistics Branch) was not fun. As such the time-space aspect of couriers is omitted (for now) - I may revisit the ideal at later time (perhaps spawn the courier just outside player viewpoint?).

Thu Sep 17 2020 - 0.11.1
  • Bugfix: Fix NPE crash on non-commodity transfer to the warehouse
Tue Sep 15 2020 - 0.11.0
  • Feature: Request a courier to transfer cargo/ships from/to your warehouse
  • Improvement: Remove initial storage fee (5000)
  • Bugfix: Add fuel to illegal commodities in the warehouse (no weight = no fee)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:55:41 AM by Jaghaimo »

Spacer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2020, 02:13:41 AM »

I really love the search function of this mod and just wanted to make some suggestions. Could you make it where players can search for specific d-mods? Also, would it be possible to have a persistent search? As in you get pinged with a mission and location whenever a specific thing shows up. This would be especially helpful for finding rarer stuff, such as unique ships after completing IBB bounties.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I really love the search function of this mod and just wanted to make some suggestions. Could you make it where players can search for specific d-mods? Also, would it be possible to have a persistent search? As in you get pinged with a mission and location whenever a specific thing shows up. This would be especially helpful for finding rarer stuff, such as unique ships after completing IBB bounties.
Please disregard my previous reply. After thinking about it for few days I came up with a method to get both done and have a much more user-friendly intel. Unfortunately I also came up with a full rewrite of the mod so this change will happen - just not soon. I'll post update when I have something working.

Raine

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey there, I made an account just to show some appreciation for this fantastic mod. Seriously, I can't tell you how amazing it is to pay some hard cash to avoid traveling all the way back to the core just to drop off my exploration finds.

It's also incredibly convenient to refit my ships from any station with a logistics warehouse, and to access my rare ships on the fly.

All this and the ability to search for ships/weapons/modspecs/officers is balanced well by the costs involved; early on I would avoid unnecessary storage or searches to save money, but late game my colonies can begin to cover the hundreds of thousands of credits per month necessary to store my entire planet-leveling collection of weaponry and ships.

I'm interested to see where you take the mod from here, I saw that you want to make the courier aspect more literal, and I have a couple of suggestions (depending on how easy they would be to implement).

First is adding blueprints to the search, for factions like XLU (Blue) that have a station blueprint hiding in their markets.

Second, and probably most important, is to somehow integrate the logistics warehouse with the player's personal weapon counter. I used to buy weapons by mousing over and seeing how many of that weapon I have in my storage, but with this mod currently, every weapon I mouse over says I have 0. I can still refit my ships just fine with weapons in the warehouse, but when I loot an enemy fleet out in space, or peruse a black market, etc, I'll never know how many of a particular weapon I have in the warehouse.

Again, thanks for your hard work on this. Can't recommend this mod enough.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey there, I made an account just to show some appreciation for this fantastic mod. Seriously, I can't tell you how amazing it is to pay some hard cash to avoid traveling all the way back to the core just to drop off my exploration finds.

Thanks for kind words and the hassle of creating the account just to post them!

First is adding blueprints to the search, for factions like XLU (Blue) that have a station blueprint hiding in their markets.

The funny story is I already had an option to search for blueprints several versions ago.
Then there was a problem with Military Markets (and custom markets): I was showing items and ships in those markets but the player could not access it.
So the next version limited search to Open and Black Markets, at which point next to no blueprints were ever found.
And the following step was to remove blueprints from StellNET.
Fast-forward few months and I know how to make this check, so this feature will be coming back in future versions (not immediate next version though).

Second, and probably most important, is to somehow integrate the logistics warehouse with the player's personal weapon counter. I used to buy weapons by mousing over and seeing how many of that weapon I have in my storage, but with this mod currently, every weapon I mouse over says I have 0. I can still refit my ships just fine with weapons in the warehouse, but when I loot an enemy fleet out in space, or peruse a black market, etc, I'll never know how many of a particular weapon I have in the warehouse.

Unfortunately that is not possible, as per Alex reply:
Only stuff in a submarket with id == Submarkets.SUBMARKET_STORAGE gets counted for this, so you might be out of luck there, unfortunately.

I will have this working by changing the way Stellar Logistics works - instead of shared storage like now the mod will focus on courier functionality.
With a reliable way to access all your (vanilla) storages via Courier Services the player will be incentivized to spread the cargo among multiple storages on various planets.
This will also ease endgame spiralling costs (as the player will keep his cargo mostly on own planets, thus avoiding storage fee and only paying for transport).

I have noticed that the large size of this mod is slowing my development and as such decided to split existing functionality into two mods, with the third mod adding another functionality I have started working on, but have not yet released:

• Stellar Logistics - courier services (back to original scope, mod that links vanilla storages via Courier Services)
  • Hyperspace Network - information services (overhaul of StellNET, market queries and providing intel)
  • Galactic Bounties - bounty manager replacement (former unreleased DarkNET content, new bounty types)

All mods are independent of another. I am mostly done with Hyperspace Network and Galactic Bounties, now rewriting Stellar Logistics.

Raine

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have noticed that the large size of this mod is slowing my development and as such decided to split existing functionality into two mods, with the third mod adding another functionality I have started working on, but have not yet released:

• Stellar Logistics - courier services (back to original scope, mod that links vanilla storages via Courier Services)
  • Hyperspace Network - information services (overhaul of StellNET, market queries and providing intel)
  • Galactic Bounties - bounty manager replacement (former unreleased DarkNET content, new bounty types)

All mods are independent of another. I am mostly done with Hyperspace Network and Galactic Bounties, now rewriting Stellar Logistics.

Fantastic news, I'll be using all of them lmao. I also like the planned changes, it's a good workaround to the limitations of submarkets and still makes sense from an immersion perspective. With regards to blueprints, yeah it's definitely a small QOL thing I can wait for (can probably count on my hands how many blueprints get sold in markets anyways, modspecs are much more prevalent and are already included in the search function of your mod).

Seriously great work, you should see about getting your mods put up on the Mod Index once you split this mod.

edit: also maybe check out the unofficial discord, not sure if you use discord but most mods post update notifications there and there are thousands of members https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11488.0
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:33:15 AM by Raine »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile

New version of StellNET - as a standalone mod - has just been released: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19252

At the same time I have trimmed down Stellar Logistics mod to just courier services (basically full rewrite, not save game compatible).
Removed shared storage and focused on transferring cargo and ships between vanilla storages.

Anyone looking for old (legacy) version of this mod - see archived project: https://github.com/jaghaimo/stellics-legacy
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 01:55:51 PM by Jaghaimo »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Stellar Logistics - courier services
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2020, 02:40:45 PM »

Huge update (code wise) - Storage Board (think HyperNET Board but for collecting your cargo / ships). No longer worry where your cargo is - pick what you want, and Couriers will deliver it from the nearest storage (and farther ones if there's not enough in the nearest one). Board comes with extensive filtering mechanisms to deal with endgame assortments.

Yubbin

• Lieutenant
  • i just play mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2020, 03:17:22 PM »

Nice job, I have no idea how you keep making these good looking UI things.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2020, 08:50:12 AM »

I just discovered this and love the look of it.

Would you consider adding a config option to make this a "readonly" mod, essentially disabling the courier part of the mod but leaving the storage display and filtering?

Having a version (or config) that serves only as a way to view what stuff you have and where would be a pure QoL mod without affecting the balance of exploration, serving a different niche with, I think, fairly minor coding effort (basically just need to hide some buttons?).

Great mod, between this and Hyperspace Network, I'm really looking forward to diving back into my game.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).
Pages: 1 [2] 3