Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Planet Info: Show Industries  (Read 520 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Planet Info: Show Industries
« on: August 09, 2020, 06:42:05 PM »

Let's say, for a moment, that I have a moderate pile of metal I want to sell.  I don't care about selling it to the very highest price bidder - getting 23 credits per ton instead of 21 credits per ton just doesn't register as important, especially if that would require significant travel through hyperspace.  What I do care about is selling it to somewhere that actually has a demand (so I get 21 credits rather than maybe 6), and I can't find any way to figure this out short of already knowing which planets have which industries.  We've got a planet info page in the intel screen, but all it shows is conditions, not industries (or demand/supply information).

Alternatively, a useful feature would be to have not just 'five highest prices' displayed, but also 'prices at all planets that are in-system'.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Hansag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Info: Show Industries
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 02:32:17 AM »

This, would be nice.
Filtering planets in general would be nice both for trade (industry) and colonization (e.g. Ultra Rich, Decivilized or Ruins).

I was contemplating when seeing things in the market; instead of having to F1 through all the items, having a corner box for them (for quick overview):
Green - Surplus (current market)
Red - Deficit (current market)

Green Border Box - Surplus (in system)
Red Border Box - Deficit (in system)
Maybe Cyan could indicate a better price in the system?

So a Green Border Box, with Red Box inside would mean there is a surplus in the system, but a deficit in the current market. (The inverse would probably be true if heading to that market)

A Trade interface and map would be nice though. Even a function to accept futures contracts further away from the local system, but I digress.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Info: Show Industries
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 10:57:57 AM »

Alternatively, a useful feature would be to have not just 'five highest prices' displayed, but also 'prices at all planets that are in-system'.

Yes to this. Even its only the highest price in the current system.