Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [0.97a] Another random SWP  (Read 24613 times)

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Another random SWP
« on: August 02, 2020, 05:26:53 PM »

Hey

Are all those hundreds of "ship and weapon pack" on the forum/discord not enough for you? I got you covered my man. And here you'll see some ships and guess what? some weapons, especially a bunch of reloadable missiles that I really think is lacking in vanilla. Most of them are not so powerful (I hope) but they'll shine in longer engagements. I'm also adding weapons to fill the range gap that is huge in vanilla. There's a bunch of 900su mediums and 1000su larges... more info below.

Ships:

Tirpitz - very slow and cumbersome battleship, but she can easily beat the onslaught in tankiness. The built in hullmod will give her a good range and will prevent Fighters from engaging (no sluggish AI with engage command) as they're supposed to be your PD. However she lacks the killing power that the TPCs and burn drive can offer. There's also a Luddic Church version with 2 sorta bultin hammer barrages and 2 large composites (no extra range hullmod thou).

Graff Spee - a powerfull and expensive cruiser with identity crisis. She's meant to be a flagship for small fleets. She's a long broadsider, which makes her a bit clumsy in the front lines, but that is a balance feature *wink wink* because she can pose a threat to even some low end capitals. As the tirpitz, she got a range enhancing hullmod that will prevent fighters from engaging. There's a pirate version with a large missile instead of hangars.

Eagles - There are not enough eagles reskins in the forum.. so there's a couple more.

Gunther - A big (destroyer) brawler, two large hybrids plus maneuvering jets on the lions guard version. Two large ballistics plus ammo feeder on the pather.

Hullmods:

Stage One Drive Tuning - A +1 augmented drive field. But not that easy... it comes with penalties (not so big) to sensor profile. Cost half the OP.

well... excuse my poor english and have fun. Thanks passwalker, PrismaticFlux, Mora, Tartiflette, Soren, Protonus, Gwyvern, Nia, Zon (the paper plate bandito), and many other for the help.

Download

Lazy Lib
MagicLib

Patch Info:

Spoiler

03/20/2024

Weapons
Leveler: OPs 10 -> 11, Nerfed the accuracy a bit.
Darter: Halved the dmg, doubled the burst and ammo. (Seems that the AI is unaware of the onHit effect and was getting overloaded too frequently)
Graviton Pulser: doubled the ammo regen.

Ships:
Eagle prototypes: adjusted all the stats to align with the recent eagle changes.
Gunther: overall stats buff. (LG) version got a phase skimmer system.
Graff Spee (P): DP 35 -> 30
Tirpitz (LC): changed the System to Micro Burn (Not sure about this change yet, but let us see). Reworked the bultin Hammer, giving it a two stage behavior like a pilum, making it easier to the AI to use.
added the Falcon (LG) Prototype, with a large hybrid mount.

Hullmods:
Stageone Drive Tunning : removed the penalty to fuel consumption and maintenance cost. Not considered "Logistics" anymore.

Wings:
Thunderbolts: All of them have limited ammo and a BOMBER behavior now, so they're not so overpowered anymore. Reduced their OP cost to compensate.

10/03/2023

Added the Vektor: a new sort of SO oriented large weapon, absurdly high DPS, but crappy armor penetration.
Added the Graviton Pulser: ammo based kinetic beam with EMP.
Added the Avalon: a hightech gunship with emp, low dmg output but very tanky.
Added the Thunderbolt (LG): a tough short range gunship.
Added the Darter: reloadable kinetic missile. Decent burst, but fragile projectiles.

long tom: OP 30 -> 28, Dmg 400 -> 600, EMP dmg 0 -> 300, Cooldown 2.67 -> 3.333, Projectiles are a lot less accurate now. New SFX and VFX.
hasting: energy/shot 10 -> 8.
tyrfing: energy/shot 375 -> 360, Cooldown 1.25 -> 1.2,  Range 800 -> 900
scorpion: flux/shot 400 -> 500.
pilum rockets, small and medium: renamed to Voulge Rocket, halved the base ammo and missile hit points.
reloadable atropos small and medium: halved the base ammo, slightely reduced OP cost.
reloadable atropos barrage: OP 20 -> 24.

Ascalon wing: now uses fortress shield right after the strike.
Talisman wing: removed the salamander, changed the vanilla vulcans for a modded version with 1/2 of the DPS and more range. Polished the sprite.
Thunderbolt wing: Adjusted some stats, overall a buff. New sprite.
Gunther LG -> hullmod now reduces the flux generated by weapons by 10%. OPs 80 -> 85
Gunther LP -> removed the bultin hammer, now there is a small composite mount. OPs 60 -> 65
Graf Spee -> armor 1200 -> 1400

Adjusted most of the ships variants.
Changed some weapons SFX.
Added muzzle flash VFX to most weapons.

12/06/2022

TLDR, removed the faction and a bunch of weapons, refined some sprites and sound effects. Added a couple of stuff.

- Removed the faction stuff, it'll be a future standalone mod.
- frank: OPs 13 -> 12, Mortar DMG 120 -> 160, minor sprite change and new SFX
- Mallet torp: dmg 2000 -> 3000, new projectile sprite and trail.
- Demo Hammer: dmg 900 -> 1000, flux/shot 300 > 500
- Scorpion Artilery: dmg/shot 300 -> 400, reload 3 -> 4, new SFX
- Leveler and Big Bertha: minor sprite change and new SFX
- Squall medium and small, rare swarmer, rare locust, rare mining laser, rare flak: gone
- rare light mortar: same stats but new name and sprite.
- Pilum Rockets: reverted to a Squall like behavior, the AI can now use it as a dollar store harpoon.
- Added a large reloadable Atropos.
- Added Tirpitz XIV
- Eagle XIV: hidden mount -> hardpoint with decor.
- Tirpitz (LC) built in hammer: range 1200 > 1600, ammo 8 -> 12
- Talisman Wing:Shield arc: 90 -> 270°, added a small salamander.
- Ascalon: Cheaper to mount, I forgot the numbers.
- Gunther: tweaked HP/Flux/Dissipation a bit, sort of a buff.
- Gunther (LG): built-in hullmod now reduces the OP cost of all large weapons by 8 (previously only ballistics).
- Gunther (LP): added a built-in hammer torp.
- Added mining data to nexerelin
- Added descriptions to a bunch of stuff.

07/05/2022

- Added and changed some vanilla hullmods
- Reworked the Tirpitz, from sprite to stats. Now she's a proper, slow, clumsy and super tanky battleship. Also added a Church version.
- Reworked the Spee sprite, changed some stats and added a P version, with a large missile instead of the Hangar.
- Added an oversized brawler to the Diktats and Pathers
- Reworked the existing guns, so (I hope) they're more impactful.
- Added rare versions of existing vanilla weapons with some quirks. Being RARE does not mean they're better thou.
- Added two new wings. One is a heavy PD oriented support and the other is a Tachyon Lance with thrusters, because why not.

Well... there's also a Faction that I'm working on, it's VERY WIP, especially the names and the art. But the mechanics are 99% where I want it to be.

04/05/2021

- Added Tirpitz, a somewhat nimble but mediocre armored battleship with mine strike system.
- Added Thermal Pulse Rifle, that's a tame TPC.
- Added Mallet torpedos. High damage frag/emp and reloadable dumb torpedo.
- The missiles now cost flux to fire again. And I think it make sense, because they're stronger than most of the other reloadable missiles.
- Polished the Long-Tom sprite a bit.
- Renamed and reorganized a bunch of files and entries. Things are cleaner and professional now =P
- Now requires Lazy Lib
- 0.95 ready. (if you're still using 0.91, this patch will break your save)

12/05/2020

- Graf Spee sprite tweaked a bit now she plays a little bit more like a Conquest: High cap and dissipation but expensive and crappy shield.
- More tweaks to the rockets, they will behave better on side mounted hardpoints.
- Squall rockets not longer have EMP as their large counterpart, for balancing reasons.
- Singlnir have its alpha damage nerfed and is slightly more flux efficient.
- Eagles are 24DP now and have 155OP
- Added 3 new weapons
- Thunderbolt new sprite and added Maneuvering Jets as system.

10/10/2020

- added two Eagle variants: a XIV themed one, with two large slots and a boring midline version of Tahlan Eagle(P) (I was training my photoshop skills)
- the new rockets are a lot more pleasant to use now, especially the pilum
- some improvements and adjustments to the thunderbolt wing, it is behaving better now.

quick changes:

- Graf Spee: hitpoints buff 10000 to 12000
- Graf Spee: armor nerf 1200 to 1000
- Singlnir: nerf OP 14 to 15
- All reloadable missiles: buff flux/shot 0

08/27/2020

- Weapons will be properly used across the factions now - Thanks mora
- Added ship description - Thanks PrismaticFlux
- Graf Spee hullmod - now increases the range by 60% (was 100%) and is still compatible with ITU
- Graf Spee shield upkeep nerf - 0.6 from 0.5
- Graf Spee shield eff nerf - 1.1 from 1.0
- Singlnir energy/shot nerf - 600 from 500

added Thunderbolt, a heavy bomber equiped with a light needler (single burst) and two pilum rockets (not reloadable). I'll make a better sprite later.
[close]

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 05:28:14 PM by lgustavomp »

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Another random SWP
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 06:06:57 AM »

Looks fun !

I love how the Graf Spee's turret layout mimics the one of the actual ship. And the single-barrel Mjolnir looks very interesting.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 10:59:14 AM »

The naming scheme still need work but i love the ship design, the old and ancient feeling into it, remind me of WWII ship, i hope you succeed making ARSWP according to your vision :D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Sterdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 04:19:15 PM »

The Copper Feather of broadside doom.

Looks good, I want more.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 06:52:31 AM »

Because the mod lacks faction files, the Singlnir is pretty much unknown to all factions except the remnants.
Also default_ship_roles file is absent so the Graf Spee will not spawn in markets. Or is it a testing-only ship?

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 09:05:08 AM »

Because the mod lacks faction files, the Singlnir is pretty much unknown to all factions except the remnants.
Also default_ship_roles file is absent so the Graf Spee will not spawn in markets. Or is it a testing-only ship?

No, that's a noob modder fault.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 11:07:21 AM »

No, that's a noob modder fault.
If it's thats the case, I have a modded version of your mod with the necessary files. Would you like to have it to... speed things along?

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 01:31:42 PM »

gimme pls

and thank you

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 02:15:51 PM »

Here it is

List of changes:
Spoiler
Added Singlnir to all factions that know the Mjolnir Cannon (including modded factions I have installed)
Shortened engine trail length of the Graf Spee from 197.5 to 107.5
Changed descriptions a little bit
Changed cosmetic explosion color and radius of the dumb_pilum_rocket to match the original pilum projectile
Gave weapons names
[close]

[attachment deleted by admin]

PrismaticFlux

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 03:04:39 PM »

Hey, I wrote up a description for the Graf Spee if you'd like to make use of it. I really like the attention to detail and I'm looking forwards to trying it out in my next campaign!

Straddling the line between cruiser and capital ship, the Graf Spee would serve a role traditionally fulfilled by battlecruisers however lacklustre engine power and an emphasis on ballistic mounts have led to most admirals dubbing it a ‘pocket battleship.’ Some captains adore it for the condensed package of heavy firepower whilst others despise it for uncomfortable quarters and the ‘pocket prestige’ for leading such a ship. This stigma is worsened by debate around this vessel. Some say it shouldn’t be compared to battleships due to it’s lacking scale yet others state it’s ordnance sets it apart from any cruiser available. Regardless this bygone design, re-imagined by history fanatics, is welcome in any fleet accompanying ships of larger and smaller stature.

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 12:05:13 AM »

Thanks everyone and sorry for the long delay. I'm pretty busy at work this month.

I updated the first post with the new version to download.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 04:25:29 PM »

I really like the carrier Eagle and the rocket tweaks.

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 07:46:58 PM »

I really like the carrier Eagle and the rocket tweaks.

They are even more consistent now  ;)

Aight guys, updated the first post as usual, there are some sprite tweaks, new weapons and balance changes.

keep me updated if you find something over(or under)powered.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 10:28:27 AM »

Your sprite work get really solid really fast. Congrats!
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2020, 01:45:12 PM »

Thumbs up for the Long Tom sounds. I so needed regenerative missiles like these and they blend well with vanilla and modded content alike.
Please check the reload size and rate values for them however, right now upgrading squall from small to medium nets you with 3 times the firepower for double OP cost while doing the same for pilum only doubles the firepower.

When you release your mod to the public you might want to refrain from including unused sprites (I surely remember an Eagle) and work in progress stuff that is not ready to be tested.

Note that vanilla follows either the Mk.II naming convention or parentheses like (XIV), whereas you used arabic numbers and lower case. Eagle mk2s poke my eyes out every time they pop up in a market. They do look great however. Like Eagles with a fighter bay. No, really. They truly look good. Alright, I'll stop. But I like them. A lot.
On a minor note I personally find the appearance of the Graf Spee immersion breaking because it resembles a boat instead of a space ship. And you know, there is no liquid water in space.

ps. Almost forgot, technically the smaller Squalls did not lose their EMP warhead, their warhead lost their EMP capabilities. If they happened to lose their warhead then those must have been replaced with some alternative warheads and at that point both the delivery system and the warhead would be distinct from the original technology and you could not call them Squalls anymore, since they would not boast with the same specs. So yeah, wording.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 09:34:38 PM by Szasz »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4