Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew  (Read 144915 times)

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Capture Officers and Crew
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2020, 10:18:07 PM »

I see nothing wrong with this. Would finally allow me to befriend Blade breakers.
Yes, its all up to personal preference. The true problem I saw was that there was no way to configure how such factions would be handled. But hey, their whole purpose is to be blown up by the player so why even befriend them?

Shaeris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2020, 11:47:09 PM »

I really like a lot of what this mod does. Capturing prisoners of all kinds and managing how you deal with them adds a neat layer to the game. The only thing that stood out as odd to me as the inability to just execute an officer without brutalizing them lmao. Having an option to simply kill someone, with a reduced penalty compared to the outrage you get for making an organ farm out of someone would be nice.

Side note, I must have rolled poorly when I decided to break all the crewmen I had cus I wound up with a pretty interesting result.  ;D

Spoiler
[close]

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2020, 04:42:59 AM »

Yo dawg, I heard you like mods, so we put a mod in your mod so you can break, bribe, repatriate, butcher all officers at once.
I thought about sharing this, but sadly Kentington has been inactive for weeks on this forum.
Can anyone contact and/or ask Kentington for permission to upload the modified version of this mod?

Combine~san

• Ensign
  • I am from the merchants guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2020, 07:55:55 PM »

A Good Pirate is a dead pirate  :)

DNAturation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2020, 01:01:36 PM »

Rather than adding a new industry to use slaves, I think it'd be better if they gave like a small temporary growth boost to the colony they're sold to. Maybe add a stability hit as well just for the player owned colonies for balancing and so that people can't use them as trojan horses.

bigdady1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2020, 09:12:00 AM »

loving the mod . thank you for making it having alot of fun. i was able to capture the pirate captain dickens and his sniper ship now he works for me lol.  8)
wish they had this in the base game. mabey were get lucky and he will implement it

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2020, 08:52:56 AM »

Started a new run this week and I did several High Value Bounties(HVB) targets; I noticed that, none of the wanted characters are in the captured officer list. Is it still possible to capture those type of officers from HVB or is it that my luck is horrible?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2020, 05:44:14 PM »

Started a new run this week and I did several High Value Bounties(HVB) targets; I noticed that, none of the wanted characters are in the captured officer list. Is it still possible to capture those type of officers from HVB or is it that my luck is horrible?

I've obtained officers from high value bounties before, so it's just your lack of fortune I fear xD

Speaking of captured officers, I have a strong feeling that ransoming them is way too profitable, same thing with repatriating them to improve relations.

You can and will make more money from ransoming an enemy fleet full of capital ships&officers compared to a double bounty for each frigade posted in the sector where said fleet was defeated. I'm quite confident ransoms would still net a very nice amount of money if they were cut in half across the board, but that is a boring change of this mod. How about giving different ransom values to different factions? I imagine Tri-Tachyon has more than enough money to buy their officers back, while Pirates probably would rather pay you in less amicable methods, namely a piece lead in the head.

You can hunt down pirates like the vermin they are for a good year or so and then proceed to send their relations to the stratosphere by repatriating all officers at once. Some factions should either care very little about repatriations (pirates) or even not have the option to start with, or do you think Luddic Pathers would trust the AI satan if it so decided to send some of their martyrs back to them?

Then there's also the fact you're able to ransom/repatriate prisoners even in the fringes of space. Would it not be more immersive if you would only be able to execute both actions at the target faction's planets? Maybe same faction fleets would also be able to scrounge up money for their compatriots...

Lastly, breaking/butchering captives. I am very grateful of the fact I can at least gain crew after big battles (I have a fleet mainly made up of ships without shield generators, I sometimes literally consume more crewmembers than fuel/supplies per light year) but I can also recognize the fact that the storing of captives and their successive breaking/butchering is way too easy sometimes:
1)Captives take up as much space as marines, but they should really take two considering you would keep them locked in purpose built cells, separated from the rest of the ship cargo and crew compartments
2)Breaking/butchering captives should not be immediate. How about taking a page from the "Supply Forging" mod and have the breaking/butchering speed both have their respective skill toggle and have their speed depend on the amount of marines you've got on board. Example: one marine can break two captives a day OR butcher one a day
3)I am under the impression that just having reputation hits upon butchering enemy officers/captives is too little of a punishment for truly consistent monetary gains. How about finding out if it's possible to link butchering captives with the Vengeance fleet mechanic from Nexerelin? Linking it to raids/invasions from vanilla might be a tad too much, but then again so are the fat stacks of money you make, just like in Rimworld xD
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:49:38 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

BlackWater821

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2020, 08:56:33 AM »

Yo dawg, I heard you like mods, so we put a mod in your mod so you can break, bribe, repatriate, butcher all officers at once.
I thought about sharing this, but sadly Kentington has been inactive for weeks on this forum.
Can anyone contact and/or ask Kentington for permission to upload the modified version of this mod?

Hi. Do you mind pm me your version of mod? would love to use "all XXX officer" options.. thanks.

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2021, 12:25:32 PM »

Simply use this ability icon () to access the captives menu.
I can't find this icon pls help

Nvm im a dumbass and i just had to right click the skills menu
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 09:00:19 PM by ShpunkY »

Pelops

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2021, 11:20:23 AM »

I downloaded your file that I would really like to use but I'm afraid to add it to my current game as adding mods on already started games can deprive you to come back to your previous saves.

what does your file modifies  ? Is it possible to add it on your running game ? Why isn't it in the current mods list ?

Pelops

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2021, 11:43:43 AM »

The files are incorporated in the mods already but I don't seen how to use it to retrieve officers or enlist some new rallied crews on my own ships pfff !

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2021, 10:48:06 PM »

Is there a way to edit values in this mod? Like getting less positive reputation from returning someone to their faction?

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2021, 11:46:25 PM »

Would it be possible to add the repatriate/bribe/ransom options to crew as well as Break/Butcher?

The later two are good for sale value, however it is odd that slaves can be more valuable than crew. I'd be willing to pay crew to turn coat, even if it was full price (Though less would be better.). Ransom kinda exists in selling captives however they have a ridiculously low price compared to either existing option. I understand if Repatriate isn't possible since you'd need some way to track where the crew came from, and while I've no ability to code, the most likely way that sounds possible is to create captives in faction separated stacks which would lead to menu and inventory bloat unless you had it just add to the reputation of all hostile factions.

I will chime in that ransoming officers is incredibly valuable. But I like the added value so eh.

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2021, 06:07:57 AM »

Finally back! Updated this for 0.95a. DIY Planets will take longer.

Lots of good suggestions in this thread during my absence - I'll look into implementing some of them once I have a bit more time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7