Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monitoring System  (Read 685 times)

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
Monitoring System
« on: July 05, 2020, 03:17:23 PM »

When battle is very rough and requires high focus, its kinda hard to track friendly ship status. I remember some old game(like freespace and nexus the jupiter incident) got monitoring system for friendly/enemy ship status so you know the status of the friendly ships easier without keeping an eye on them.

What i am suggesting is adding something like that to the game where you can put important ship's status to your monitoring system as well as enemy ship status. Maybe as a skill you can learn later in the game. Like by selecting your friendly ship on tactical view and pressing a key to monitor its status without keep pausing the game and checking its status on tactical view.
Maybe as skill?

Edit: I just wonder is it possbile to mod something like this? It is an idea for modders too
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 12:31:03 PM by Titann »

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Monitoring System character skill
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 04:28:15 PM »

id like to bump this thread, i believe having something like this will help player so much especially in large fights when we have to focus on our own ship. So we can easly keep an eye on important friendly/hostile ship status

gG_pilot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Monitoring System character skill
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 01:10:13 PM »

id like to bump this thread, i believe having something like this will help player so much especially in large fights when we have to focus on our own ship. So we can easly keep an eye on important friendly/hostile ship status
I think  the proposed graphics would be  improvement.  Perhaps  get inspiration  in World of tanks.  Put your ships  left then eneemy right side of screen.  Add an icon of ship and few  bars like flux,hul hp,  rocket  stock.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Monitoring System
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 07:34:41 PM »

For this Monitoring, I hope there is a visual system that show how many enemy weapons systems a ship is currently within range of. I would say that is the primary identification of how under-threat a ship is. HULL/ARMOR/FLUX bars are not as important as even cruisers can die within second from full health if they get surrounded or left alone.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
Re: Monitoring System
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 06:19:09 AM »

eh, I think that this would just be an overwhelming amount of information 99% of the time, especially in larger battles.
remember- you can always pause the battle and go into the tactical view to check on your ships, you can even get a video feed directly to them to see how they're doing.

though this does remind me of something that got removed and should be added back - the ability to video into an allied ships and lock onto enemies from there
dunno why it got dropped between .95 and .95.1, but it was really useful.