Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you get goods to a pirate in a hegemony planet  (Read 2226 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How do you get goods to a pirate in a hegemony planet
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 06:45:34 AM »

The problem with Sensors is that it is no help in a fight.  At best, it is a QoL skill like Navigation, but not as great.

Sensors 1 is almost mandatory for Neutrino Detector.  Rarely, there will be that <1% fiendishly hidden pirate base that will be too hard to find any other way.  (Spending thirty minutes in a huge system trying to find a base and failing despite exploiting every other trick that quickly finds most other bases is unacceptable, I do not have that kind of time to waste on frustration.)  I really dislike being forced to put a point here just to find that rare base that is too hard to find.  I also dislike hauling more junk cargo (volatiles) to use the detector.

Sensors 2 is fun for a pure phase fleet.  Great for stealing blueprints from Culann and Sindria.

Sensors is good before endgame when player is not a god of war.  Once he is a god, Sensors is useless (aside from Neutrino Detector) because player can just kill everything.  It is much like colony skills, great before player can farm cores.  But once he can grind for cores, he will bitterly weep at the end for wasted skill points.

ubuntufreakdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2020, 06:50:48 AM »

Going Dark in a debris field in remnant space can still be quite valuable to repair between fights.

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 12:44:15 PM »

The problem with Sensors is that it is no help in a fight.  At best, it is a QoL skill like Navigation, but not as great.

Sensors 1 is almost mandatory for Neutrino Detector.  Rarely, there will be that <1% fiendishly hidden pirate base that will be too hard to find any other way.  (Spending thirty minutes in a huge system trying to find a base and failing despite exploiting every other trick that quickly finds most other bases is unacceptable, I do not have that kind of time to waste on frustration.)  I really dislike being forced to put a point here just to find that rare base that is too hard to find.  I also dislike hauling more junk cargo (volatiles) to use the detector.

Sensors 2 is fun for a pure phase fleet.  Great for stealing blueprints from Culann and Sindria.

Sensors is good before endgame when player is not a god of war.  Once he is a god, Sensors is useless (aside from Neutrino Detector) because player can just kill everything.  It is much like colony skills, great before player can farm cores.  But once he can grind for cores, he will bitterly weep at the end for wasted skill points.

Good before endgame? There will be a time when you need to recover CR before the next. And besides, Sensors 2 is more than just for stealth raids, and also for concealment when you need it most.

Going Dark in a debris field in remnant space can still be quite valuable to repair between fights.

Like this guy. He wised up and knows when to pick his battles.

I have used Sensors 2 even in a 30 Valkyrie fleet refitted with safety overrides, insulated engines, and efficiency overhaul for absolute stealth insertion.
Pages: 1 [2]