Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are there any mods out there that just fix pirates?  (Read 875 times)

RileyWinters

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Are there any mods out there that just fix pirates?
« on: July 02, 2020, 07:46:14 AM »

So currently in the base game pirates are kind of crazy! If you don't go after their bases, they can send massive fleets through the verse that can easily smash core world fleets. (and even core worlds) We're talking sending out 10+ Capital ships plus many supporting vessels from multiple bases that spawn every 6 months. Alexander Mosolov said in September 2019 that they planned on looking into it for the next release.

For now, has anyone made a quick and dirty mod that tones the pirates down to more reasonable levels? (inb4 git gud, its just too silly! How could they have better logistics and organization than core worlds?! :o)

I've spent the last couple days trying to figure out how to mod a fix, but, I'm having difficulty. If someone else has already done it, I'd like to know so I can just use that  ;D

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any mods out there that just fix pirates?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 07:56:44 AM »

Theoretically, it should not be that hard. I mean, you already can adjust some simple settings in settings.cfg to calm down non-player related pirate bases or even disable them.

Player-related base spawn is coded by PlayerRelatedPirateBaseManager.java. Yeah, it's hardcoded, but it should be the way get into that process, and, IDN, adjust baseCreationTimeout = 0 to something more reasonable.

I will not pretend I understand what I am talking about. Java isn't my native language. So could be wrong entirely.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any mods out there that just fix pirates?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 08:25:26 AM »

In the order of delirium. Do not read if sober.

Well, you was warn.
Someone have to make a "Pastafarian pirates mod". Pirates uses only civilian vessels and have no weapons or fighter wings known. Pirate activity increase stability and population growth as they gives a free candy to the kids. Pirates have +100 relations with all the factions and it will not drop below that point. Pirate bases have an option to repair players ships for free, also they can give player some of spare supplies/fuel. Weapons are illegal on they markets. Pirates uses only custom happy portraits. Faction gives bounties not for pirates, but for "deserter" faction, that uses a ships according to bounty-orderer faction.
[close]
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.