Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Anubis Sector  (Read 1816 times)

powerlunatic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Anubis Sector
« on: June 30, 2020, 06:28:53 AM »

Anubis Sector
(Who needs a fancy image here anyways?)

This is a content mod that I've intent to add more factions and star systems (core & fringe alike) to the game for more fresh meat to beat.
Admittedly, the name for the mod isn't terrifically befitting, but this is only symptom of being someone whose primary trade is programming.
Any plans to treat this as a total conversion mod are non-existent at the time being.

While optional, this is best used together with Vayra's Sector and Nexerelin for optimal experience. As this mod usually is developed with them in mind and tested together.
Though, this should be able to stand by itself to work with Vanilla, without any dependency on a third part.

Current features:
  • Adds two core systems
  • Adds one vanilla-friendly faction, playable in Nexerelin.

Content list:
Starsystems:
Spoiler
NameTypeMarketsBare Planets
PerculesWhite Dwarf
  • Lord Tim's Castle - Space Station (Pirates), pop 4
  • Ebba - Arid (Aursia), pop 6
  • Tarantula - Tundra (Aursia), pop 8
  • Nevestapol - Space Station (Independent), pop 6
  • Castillo - Frozen (Pirates), pop 5
  • Atlas - Gas Giant
  • Junara - Ice Giant
AnaberraYellow Star
  • Haven 'Yard - Space Station (Aursia), pop 5
  • Medina - Terran (Independent), pop 5
  • Anderson Orbital - Space Station (Pirates), pop 4
  • Ganzola - Barren
  • Gladwell - Toxic
  • Marrus - Gas Giant
[close]

Factions:
Spoiler
FlagNameAlignments
Nexerlin-only
Diplomacy Traits
Nexerlin-only
Aursian FederationTechnocratic 1.0; Ideological 0.8; Diplomatic 0.4; Corporate -0.2Anarchist, Helps Allies, Likes AI, Neutralist, Stalwart
[close]

Downloads:
Keep in mind that updating the mod bears the risk of breaking your saves, or they remain intact, but changes and updates will only be applied to new games.

Stable: Not yet available
Preview: 0.1.DEV-1 at Github
Note: If you previously downloaded and used 0.0.DEV-0 (or called 0.1.DEV-0), the new preview version will break it. For best experience, delete the anubis_sector folder before you install the new version.

Changelog: see the releases page on Github for first-hand changelogs
0.1.0 - (Being developed as 0.1.DEV)
- Added Percules star system with her stations and planets
- Added Anaberra star system with her stations and planets
- Added Aursian Federation, playable with Nexerelin

Previous versions:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 09:29:11 AM by powerlunatic »

powerlunatic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anubis Sector
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:39:13 AM »

A new pre-release is out for preview and feedback. Grab it here!: anubis_sector_0.1.DEV-1.zip (on Github)

Please note I did some re-structuration of the source code. If you've got the 0.0.DEV-0 version installed (which I now call 0.1.DEV-0), I recommend to delete the jars/ folder inside your already existing copy of the mod before you install this new version over it. It's only the source code, so it won't affect the mod, but it'll look ugly in the future.

Changelog notes:
  • Adds Anaberra system with her stations and planets
  • Adds descriptions to the unique markets and stations in Percules, and Anaberra
  • Adds info dump (description) for Aursia Federation
  • Some adjustments to Percules system
  • Generating the systems from this mod now clears their surroundings in the hyperspace off of storms.

The original post has been updated accordingly, though I've compacted the changelog there to keep it nice and clean for the 0.1.0 release.