Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Display issue: Mouse cursor + f.lux  (Read 2125 times)

cashiopaya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Display issue: Mouse cursor + f.lux
« on: August 06, 2019, 04:49:02 PM »

Situation:

Two monitors, f.lux installed and active, starting Starsector in fullscreen or borderless --> no mouse cursor.
It's simply not visable but i can click stuff when I'm able to hover over the main menu buttons. The cursor disappears ~1.5 seconds into the loading screen after starting the game from the launcher.

My hotfix:
Starting Starsector in windowed mode works fine, aswell as simply deactivating either f.lux or the 2nd monitor, so in order to have the "normal experience" i have to start the game in windowed mode, capture it with OBS and put a fullscreen-preview window on my first screen.  bit annoying tho <3

Driver: Latest
f.lux version: Latest

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Display issue: Mouse cursor + f.lux
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 08:58:51 PM »

Hi - I'm sorry about the trouble!

If we're being honest, I'm not sure there's anything I can do about this issue. Could you possibly put this in as a bug report to f.lux? It's possible something they're doing affects OpenGL-using applications (of which Starsector is one), say, but not DirectX, which would explain why you're (presumably) not seeing this issue with everything.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 10:02:16 PM »

Just fyi, I have the same setup. I put Starsector in the list of programs to disable f.lux for, and I haven't been experiencing the problems. Maybe you could try that?

cashiopaya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 12:54:53 AM »

@ Alex: Thanks for a quick and open response <3 I'm not used to that level of community-engagement anymore. When I made the bugreport I didn't expect you guys to even try to well... fix it :D Simply because it's not a noteworthy issue. Just wanted to inform you, in case it ever comes up with something similar :)

@ Thaago: tyvm, mr hero. You saved me from so many headaches. U da man, man

(topic dunno if you close topics, but i can be closed and marked as solved)

poika

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 04:21:08 PM »

You can play the game with f.lux active if you uncheck "Software mouse cursor when needed (fixes "white cursor)" from f.lux settings. No need to disable it entirely.

I'm posting this here because this topic was the first result when I googled "starsector no mouse cursor".