Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Supplying colonies with drugs  (Read 3756 times)

Strangelove

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Supplying colonies with drugs
« on: June 29, 2020, 04:09:22 AM »

I have a colony with a mining operation, which requires drugs to function properly. I don't really want it to be a free port, so I smuggled some myself and put in the colony storage, but they don't use them, despite "use stockpiles during shortages" being turned on. Consequently, colony produces no ore. Is there a way to fix that?

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Supplying colonies with drugs
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 05:27:07 AM »

Independent smugglers will automatically spawn and operate trading routes, patrols always ignore them so don't worry about it (you're the only guy in the universe that they care about using a transponder).
If your colony is experiencing shortages it's either because your accessibility is way too low or trade is disrupted by pirates/enemies in system.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 06:13:06 AM »

IIRC drug shortage does no impact to ore production - it decrease population growth instead.

Also, it should use drugs from stockpiles, but not from storage.

Can we have some screens? Maybe we'll see the problem then.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 06:36:07 AM »

As stated above, independent smugglers will supply drugs, heavy weapons, and other illegal goods when you don't have a free port based on your accessibility and any trade disruptions.

For your question, make sure that you stick the drugs into "Resource stockpile" tab and not your "Storage" tab. The storage tab is for your personal storage and won't be used by the colony. Next, in the colony management screen make sure to select "Use stockpiles in case of shortage" and then they'll use the drugs you put in the stockpiles if they're not getting enough from smugglers.

Strangelove

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 03:19:23 PM »

Figured it out, looks like everything ended up used by my industries in a different system. Thanks for your answers nonetheless!

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 03:50:10 PM »

Figured it out, looks like everything ended up used by my industries in a different system. Thanks for your answers nonetheless!

Wait, as in they were using the drugs or using the ore?

If the former, then it shouldn't be happening that way. If the latter, then that's impossible since export are able to cover an infinite number of planets with equal or less demand. Meaning that you'll always get export value out of a commodity so long as another faction demands it.

Strangelove

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 11:17:09 PM »

The ore. I was surprised because suddenly I would stop receiving ores in my storage, but then I had industries in Other systems using the ores, so I supposed that was it.