Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.8b "Job Specialization" (hotfix 2021-02-11)  (Read 1439878 times)

Kakroom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.8b "Job Specialization" (hotfix 2021-02-11)
« Reply #3465 on: February 14, 2021, 01:46:25 PM »

Would it be possible to include a config option where military actions like raids, satbombs and invasions are not broadcasted to the player?

I'm not sure why everyone is sending out news and precise timeline of their topsecret military projects over hyperspace. It's like the Domain never invented opsec.

Sidestrafe2462

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: February 15, 2021, 04:24:35 PM »

I've run into a FATAL:NULL error, beginning when I swapped out my commission to join an alliance- error occurs when I enter a port.
https://pastebin.com/MEUQ4Ybp
This might have something to do with a Commissioned Crews incompatibility? I dont know. Tried forcing a commission with Console commands, didn't help.

mods:
GraphicsLib
Vayra's Sector
Nexerelin
SkilledUp
SpeedUp
Archean Order (pretty sure this isnt it)
Automatic Orders
Adjusted Sector
Autosave
Better Colonies
Combat Alarm Sounds
Combat Analytics
Combat Chatter
Commissioned Crews
Common Radar
LazyLib
MagicLib
Terraforming and Station Construction
Starship Legends
Console Commands

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.8 "Job Specialization" (update 2021-02-06)
« Reply #3467 on: February 15, 2021, 08:38:19 PM »

Yeah ! Nexerelin queued native integration is cool. Thanks for your hard work !

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AOn5mRrG2jM/maxresdefault.jpg

(a shame i didn't find any petting image of fie from CS2 :'( )
:thumbs up:
Fie is a good girl (though they're all good in their respective ways)

Would it be possible to include a config option where military actions like raids, satbombs and invasions are not broadcasted to the player?

I'm not sure why everyone is sending out news and precise timeline of their topsecret military projects over hyperspace. It's like the Domain never invented opsec.
I had an idea a long time ago for requiring comm sniffers to get early notification of invasions, but the current sniffer handling doesn't really allow for this (if you have more than one they get removed pretty quickly). If I decide to implement such a thing moving forward, I'll probably tie it to the agent system.

(Or invasions that someone else is launching could just not get announced till they're ready to leave, like how pirate raids (but not punitive expeditions or AI inspections) currently work, but I don't think people will be happy about this happening to them!)

I've run into a FATAL:NULL error, beginning when I swapped out my commission to join an alliance- error occurs when I enter a port.
https://pastebin.com/MEUQ4Ybp
This might have something to do with a Commissioned Crews incompatibility? I dont know. Tried forcing a commission with Console commands, didn't help.
Looks like a bug in how the latest version of Commissioned Crews handles alliance hullmods.
Poke Techpriest over in that mod's thread, will do him some good to do something other than not releasing his mods.

Twilight Sentinel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: February 16, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »

The new own faction start picker system is very good.  Helps a lot with making said start more fun and makes it more interesting.  I do have a couple suggestions to improve it.  The first is to make the player's starting market only have 2 industries instead of 3, so adding the military base and heavy industry doesn't push the colony over the industry limit.  The other suggestion is to add the missile blueprint pack to the starting options for cheep.  It's a very important pack that the player might not even find in any given game and can cause significant issues if they don't and don't have modded weapons that can fill in the same roles as the missiles in the pack.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • Formerly Chuck's
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: February 16, 2021, 02:51:45 PM »

Did Starfarer mode bugged? It seems to always stay disable for some reason, every time I generate new sector with Starfarer mode, I check the faction diplomacy tab, it's didn't add the debug that usually comes with it.

Edit : well, it appeared after i build a colony, is there a console command to check Starfarer mode by any change?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 03:46:08 PM by Chairman Suryasari »
There is a reason why you don't send a depressed 14 year old into space.

TerranEmpire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3470 on: February 18, 2021, 09:37:35 PM »

Hi!

Is there a way to change the maximum market size in the config or somewhere else?
I would like to limit the colony size to 7 or 8 for NPCs and the player alike.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • Formerly Chuck's
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: February 19, 2021, 01:43:57 AM »

Try Starfarer mode, it's taken about 70 years to get tier 10 colony, it's more realistic than limiting it to tier 8.
There is a reason why you don't send a depressed 14 year old into space.

Dazs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: February 19, 2021, 05:49:39 AM »

Greetings, I am sure you hear this a lot but this is a must have mod for the game and enhances it from good to great. That being said, I have a question regrading mining. I love to mine, I know it seems like a minor aspect of the mod to some but its a great way to earn in the early game or when um you misplace your fleet and have to start over :). I know that if I am at an asteroid or plant I have the option to see the mining values of ships in my fleet and weapon values toward mining. Is there a way to see those mining values either in the F1 tooltip or somehow in game while I am at a station fitting out my mining ships?

Thanks!

5ColouredWalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: February 19, 2021, 08:30:59 AM »

Hey, just a question regarding invasions. I just had the Ludic Path show up with a legion of Legions while I had only Cruisers, which I'm assuming is fine and intended for if you advance too fast...

However, after invading, the chased a fast picket far enough I could invade uncontested, and since they no longer had a planet to guard, immediately left. Is this a case of code limitations or an exploit?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3474 on: February 20, 2021, 05:10:53 PM »

Edit : well, it appeared after i build a colony, is there a console command to check Starfarer mode by any change?
If you're unsure, you can use the ReloadNexConfig console command to check/reset it.

Hi!

Is there a way to change the maximum market size in the config or somewhere else?
I would like to limit the colony size to 7 or 8 for NPCs and the player alike.
NPCs have the settings maxColonySize and maxNPCColonySize in exerelin_config.json

There's no setting (in either vanilla or Nex) for player colonies.

I know that if I am at an asteroid or plant I have the option to see the mining values of ships in my fleet and weapon values toward mining. Is there a way to see those mining values either in the F1 tooltip or somehow in game while I am at a station fitting out my mining ships?

Thanks!
There isn't a way right now. I'm hoping the codex becomes moddable and I can put the existing list of mining strengths there, or if I have to I'll put an item in the intel screen.

Hey, just a question regarding invasions. I just had the Ludic Path show up with a legion of Legions while I had only Cruisers, which I'm assuming is fine and intended for if you advance too fast...

However, after invading, the chased a fast picket far enough I could invade uncontested, and since they no longer had a planet to guard, immediately left. Is this a case of code limitations or an exploit?
It's sort of how it works right now. There isn't an easy way to make fleets not run off to chase random enemies while also actually moving to support friendly fleets in battle, and working around fleet AI is enough of a minor pain that I don't want to do it for problems that aren't commonly visible.

...but looking at my code I may have done the hard part already, so I'm going to flip a particular switch and see if that generates the desired behavior.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: February 23, 2021, 12:36:23 PM »

So I just upgraded from 0.9.7c to 0.9.8b, and I'm seeing a bit of an odd performance issue out of the new own-faction-start configuration screen.

If I just pick out a few things real quick and go with it - no problems.

If, instead, I spend a while considering and comparing options, after a bit the UI gets sluggish - tooltips take a while to appear, confirming my selections is slow, that sort of thing. And this issue continues into the actual gameplay; some screens (most notably the intel screen) take a while to load up when you switch to them, and even just quitting the game gets delayed. A quit and restart of Starsector restores normal performance.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232]