Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: [0.97a] prv Starworks v28.3 (2024-03-11)  (Read 346642 times)

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] prv Starworks v28.3 (2024-03-11)
« Reply #360 on: March 27, 2024, 03:30:42 PM »

Those are some pretty considerable vulnerabilities that I wasn't previously aware of and I didn't think it was too strong then.  Seems like once you know how to exploit its weaknesses it's a much easier fight.

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2024, 01:47:03 AM »

Am I missing something? I have a mod agni one that needs prv library... is that found somewhere else?

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 10, 2024, 03:09:47 AM »

You get the library along with the other sub-mods when you download the whole pack. Look where you extracted the pack, maybe you just missed it when moving the Agni folder. If not, then re-download the whole thing and start over.

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 10, 2024, 03:46:30 AM »

You get the library along with the other sub-mods when you download the whole pack. Look where you extracted the pack, maybe you just missed it when moving the Agni folder. If not, then re-download the whole thing and start over.
ty!

meatball

• Ensign
  • A meatball trying to mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 14, 2024, 08:56:51 PM »

Absolutely great mod, never start a new game without it. (Kakafoni my beloved)

Only one issue I, and others've had is that the CC bonus for PRV gives a neglegible bonus but a massive debuff.
Giving my officers schizophrenia for a 5% or 1% speed bonus is a downright terrible trade.

I was wondering if you could buff it to something like 10% more speed for officered ships and 5% more for officerless ships, if that seems fair. (it is)

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 18, 2024, 05:36:43 PM »

Absolutely great mod, never start a new game without it. (Kakafoni my beloved)

Only one issue I, and others've had is that the CC bonus for PRV gives a neglegible bonus but a massive debuff.
Giving my officers schizophrenia for a 5% or 1% speed bonus is a downright terrible trade.

I was wondering if you could buff it to something like 10% more speed for officered ships and 5% more for officerless ships, if that seems fair. (it is)

I'm a bit of two minds about it. You're entirely correct that having your ship have a schizo moment at the wrong time is a really harsh penalty, but it's also something that often creates interesting - if not neccessarily beneficial - situations.

The shared speed bonus is a nav rating buff that stacks with Coordinated Maneuvers, so you're getting that speed across all your ships, added together, so you're going to have a significant nav advantage against most fleets. The wording is a little funny, I think it's based on the wording for some old version of CM. I should update it to be clearer. But the total bonus tends to be significant unless you're already maxing out your nav rating from other sources.

Now, if you have a particularly sensitive ship it may be wise to not put a maniac with cyberpsychosis in charge of it, but hey, that's the prv for you. More sensible commanders can use the Commisioned Crew Ban hullmod in these cases. Actually, writing this out gave me an idea that I'll need to check if it's technically feasible.

Anyway, feel free to consider it a flavorful challenge mode - the CC mod has upside, but you're entirely correct it's not always worth the downside, which is sometimes to the point of having a lynchpin ship reenact the charge of the Light Brigade...

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: Today at 09:48:47 AM »

In case I forgot to make this infantile comment: I looove the toots and doods the range increasing beam and Bergtagen make. :D :D :D
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]