Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's a good fleet doctrine for AI system defense?  (Read 8698 times)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: What's a good fleet doctrine for AI system defense?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 12:40:29 PM »

Well, aside from variant quality impacting loadouts - it doesn't, it's not used for anything.

Translation problem. That is what exactly I was trying to say. Probably too wrong word sequence makes it looks different. My bad.

Generally, the officers/ship quality/number of ships stats are tuned to be roughly equivalent as far as autoresolve is concerned - the idea is that you use these to configure the sort of allied fleets you want to *fight alongside in actual battles*, but that for autoresolve, it's a wash, so you don't feel forced to go for the "best" settings for that.

Well... that is something... New and odd.

Need some time to consume that.

Is that mean all my efforts to have hight fleet quality was useless?
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: What's a good fleet doctrine for AI system defense?
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 04:53:20 PM »

Well... that is something... New and odd.

Need some time to consume that.

Is that mean all my efforts to have hight fleet quality was useless?

Hmm I might have misunderstood, but I thought Alex meant that the vanilla implementations balance this out so that autoresolve is the same between factions due to the standard settings of these three values between vanilla faction files. (So one might have better officers but lower numbers of ships, etc, and it balances out in the end.) And the player choices/new faction implementation kind of matters?

Idk, he could have meant that these are supposed to be factors for live combat only - which does kind of make sense to me. Then again, how can number of ships not directly impact autoresolve if that directly equates to a higher FP value due to.. well more ships?
Pages: 1 [2]