Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What statistic defines a ships hull size ?  (Read 4644 times)

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: What statistic defines a ships hull size ?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 09:16:36 PM »

I'd especially want to see it in fleet-preview hover-overs as well. For a new player, it's hard to know what you're getting into with an enemy fleet

Yes, I found the drone defenders guarding domain-era probes to be especially difficult to gauge in this respect.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:05:35 PM by n1Z0 »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 08:58:55 AM »

If it's something you have a blueprint for, custom productions will neatly list it. Never actually checked the codex, but if it had something similar it'd solve to problem, no?

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 09:05:31 PM »

Yes and no.

As shown in the attached picture, the Xanthus (from Tartiflette's excellent Scy Mod) is described as a "sub-cap" but for some reason the game classifies it as a capital. I'd just like to know how the game decides (or is shown) what size the ship is classed as.

I guess my main point is that in the very least, when mousing over a mod, it'd be really useful if the game would show you exactly how fitting the hullmod would affect the ship in question, rather than show you a generic text that covers all hull sizes.

eg, show:
"reduces the supplies and heavy machinery required to perform surveys by 30, down to a minimum of 5 for each"
instead of:
"reduces the supplies and heavy machinery required to perform surveys by 5/10/20/30 depending on hull size, down to a minimum of 5 for each"

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2020, 11:15:24 PM »

It's capital ship sized. That name is a custom name, he could've called it a frigate freighter and it wouldn't change anything. Ask Tartiflette why he made a capital ship-sized freighter and called it sub-capital.

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 02:14:18 AM »

Yes, I know its a custom name, trawling through the various ship_data.csv's (mainly the mods though) reveal a very colorful assortment of names. And by looking in the ship database or by checking in the blueprints, (if I have it), I can see it's classed as a capital by the game.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2020, 07:08:33 AM »

They're defined in the .ship file actual. Since it's not something we can alter, everything has to fall into one of: FIGHTER, FRIGATE, DESTROYER, CRUISER, or CAPITAL_SHIP
Pages: 1 [2]