Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I am looking to commission a modder!  (Read 1291 times)

JensMackine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
I am looking to commission a modder!
« on: June 17, 2020, 05:35:49 PM »

(I am sorry if this is in the wrong place; this is my second topic post in this lovely forum, so please, excuse my bad manners.)

Right now, my current life won't exactly give me time to make mods in the game (busy and whatnot), but I do have some dough to spare for this lovely game. If it's at all possible, I am looking to commission the building of a modder for a simple task - making the Domnion-Era Motherships playable (and capturable!) in the game. Those big chunky ships look like lots of fun to use in combat, even if they have only a few weapons - imagine the sheer bulk they could use! I have cash I could pay with, most likely through steam. Please, do message me if you are interested - or know someone that is - and Thank you very much for your time!

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: I am looking to commission a modder!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 05:06:42 AM »

Hello, offering money around isn't something necessary here  ;). In fact, I think that the mod Boardable Undboardables on this may already have what you are looking for. Just do some searching.

Edit - on a second read of the op, the domain era motherships can't be made playable because they are station types within the game engine. There are many more modded ship options to choose from if you want modular muscle, such as the Cathedral from the Ship and Weapon Pack.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 05:12:34 AM by tomatopaste »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 06:03:40 AM »

Edit - on a second read of the op, the domain era motherships can't be made playable because they are station types within the game engine.
Not *entirely* true, you could create a copy of it without starts in middle, and with a speed, but you wouldn't be able to recover it after combat with a station one, so how you'd acquire it...

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 01:28:43 PM »

Not *entirely* true, you could create a copy of it without starts in middle, and with a speed, but you wouldn't be able to recover it after combat with a station one, so how you'd acquire it...

Couldn't you add it (in ship form as you say) to derelict fleets as a capital ship and be able to recover one that way? To be honest I'm not super familiar with that faction and how their fleet creation works since iirc they are only created as guard fleets for sector entities and not actual patrols.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 04:01:03 PM by Morrokain »

JensMackine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 03:56:17 PM »

Hello, offering money around isn't something necessary here  ;). In fact, I think that the mod Boardable Undboardables on this may already have what you are looking for. Just do some searching.

Edit - on a second read of the op, the domain era motherships can't be made playable because they are station types within the game engine. There are many more modded ship options to choose from if you want modular muscle, such as the Cathedral from the Ship and Weapon Pack.

Yeah, I haven't been able to score the Domain Motherships (yet?) with the Boardable Unboardables mod, though that particular one is extremely fun when I'm using all the other Domain ships. Love those little blighters! Though, with the big mothership, that'd be fun to use in combat too.

I'll have to check out that "Ship and Weapon" pack, though, because it sounds cool. Many thanks!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 03:44:37 AM »

The Domain Mothership might seem more fun than it would actually be without modifying it significantly. It's a modular ship and its main body carries not weaponry meaning you'd have nothing to control other than movement. You could of course make a souped-up version with some guns on the main hull, but the ship really isn't designed for this kind of thing.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Sterdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 06:32:13 PM »

I think your best bet would be to ask a modder to make a faction variant using the [survey_mothership_battle] sprite as a base.

Put a few custom neato built-in weapons on it and your good to go.