Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trying to find a droneship mod!  (Read 1733 times)

JensMackine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Trying to find a droneship mod!
« on: June 14, 2020, 08:42:22 PM »

I'm new here, so sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum - but I'm trying to find a mod for droneships. Those big suckers you sometimes can fight when you engage a Domain-Era probe and/or a Survey Ship? I'd love to play with those! However, I have no clue where to start for looking for a mod with this. Any pointers? Many thanks for your help!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find a droneship mod!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 11:31:21 PM »

(Welcome to the forums! This is a perfectly reasonable place to ask such a question. ;) )

There are a handful of mods that give this sort of content in various forms. The two mods I immediately think of are Hazard Mining Incorporated and Galaxy Tigers, both of which add custom droneships, several of which I believe are player-usable, covering both "crew-ified" versions of existing droneships and new ships as well. (HMI I know to also cover a few unique Remnant ships.)

The other mod that comes to mind is Boardable Unboardables, which is a small mod that simply allows you to recover and control the vanilla droneships that you normally can't. I believe it applies to both Domain-Era and Remnant droneships though, and also only affects VANILLA content in this way - it basically overwrites a vanilla file to make them playable, so the effect doesn't extend to ships added by other mods. However, I would advise against this mod as the droneships are deliberately unplayable for very good reasons and it's inadvisable to modify stock content like that. Personally I'd suggest one of the above two content mods first.

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 03:07:30 PM »

I would also vouch for trying out faction mods that utilize drone ships instead of a mod that overrides certain vanilla attributes.

I can also suggest Sylphon RnD and Neutrino Corporation if you want more uncrewed ships and fighters to try out, and also want a different branch of technology different from vanilla Starsector (and give Tri-Tachyon's technological monopoly the finger).

JensMackine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 05:21:27 PM »

Thanks, guys! I can now use those Domain-Era ships for drones; I love them so much already. You guys rock!

JensMackine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 07:03:17 PM »

As a side-question, though... I was wondering if you could at all get those Domain Motherships? Again, thanks so much!