Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Request for more Modding options.  (Read 632 times)

Kothyxaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Request for more Modding options.
« on: June 12, 2020, 02:54:34 AM »

I don't suppose some more modding options for ships could be opened up.
This is what I was thinking, more options for skins and more options for variants.

For skins.
I wanted to make a variant of the Hammerhead.
I swapped the forward missiles locations with the forward medium gun slots, I then removed one of the medium gun slots and replaced the remaining one with a large slot.
I then changed the location of the large gun slot to put it more central (instead of to the side).
The loctaion change did not take effect (everything else was fine), I am guessing you are not allowed to do this through skins. It would be nice if you could though, it would open up more options. Instead of having to make an entry in the ships.csv, then make a ship, then a variant, you could just make a skin.
I also wanted to change the MaxCrew through skins, I don't think it is possible to do that either. It would be nice to be able to change the stats from the ship.csv file through skins too.
This would open up so much modding options for ships.
I also wanted to increase MinCrew and MaxCrew in the skins, but that didn't work either (is it possibly?).

Something similar for variants would be nice. I wanted to make a variant of a ship, but only really wanted to change the special for it, which it seems is not possible. You would need to make a skin to do this, and then a variant. I don't suppose it would be possible to have variants have some of the skin options? Instead of two files to do one small change, you could just change one.

I am not sure how much programming this would take, so obviously if it's too much hassle then meh.

Anyway, what do others think and how feasabile is it?

Oooh actually while I am here, is it possible to change a HYBRID (et al) slot so that it can take a weapon smaller than the slot size? (ie a medium HYBRID weapon slot could take a medium or small ballistic or energy weapon).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 01:30:16 PM by Kothyxaan »