Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.52a (Released) - Patch Notes  (Read 317759 times)

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.52a (In Development) - Live Patch Notes
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 03:26:10 PM »

Exciting.

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

stonehand

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »

can weapons on the refit screen get info updates based on what hull mods are on... for example if avd. optics is on the ship the grav beam equiped shows its new range. This would useful for seeing the effect of what we put on the ship or if we have a slow weapon turn speed and we put on avd gyro be nice to see it go up to normal or high turn rate on its tab to get a feel for the inprovement without having to take it into combat to test. Or in the case of avd. optics what weapons it effects would be easyer to see.

sorry this is almost a repost changed how i opened it to be more clear did not understand your answer ???
"Hmm, it's not quite the same thing. This shows the dynamic effects you get hit with in battle, not mods you've got equipped."

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »

Yeah, I understand what you mean. What I was saying is that the feature you quoted earlier isn't related to this, even though it sounds like it might be.

If you're simply using it being sorta-similar as an excuse to make an unrelated suggestion, that's fine :)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »

*pokes at his prior post*

Not being able to collect all the ships (even if they aren't in my fleet, but rather just in storage) safely is a dealbreaker for my OCD.

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 04:24:04 PM »

A modded station, neutral to all factions, which buys and sells for 0% of value and doesn't have supply convoys might be a nice stopgap.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »

yeah, but afaik, we can't change their price margins.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 05:12:48 PM »

I agree with a lot of what's already been said about notifications of status modifiers.  It would be great to have a "ship summary" on the refit page that listed all of the status modifiers, then when you highlighted a weapon, say a "Gravitron Beam" there would be a final range listed in bold ie "1215", then next to it would be the math break-down of the range say (700 +200+ 315) and somewhere on the gun card would be a list of effects "Advanced Optics +200 range, Cruiser Targeting Computer +35%, -40% turret traverse" (include captain bonuses here).  And put these on the gun card, not the ship to make it clear when affects apply to items (advance optics for example only apply to beam).

Also in the vein of transparency, something describing WHY your fleet is so slow.  Give the user feed back to empower them to make the decision of should they have faster ships or fewer ships?  Right now it's sort of a crap shoot to figure out what you need to do to improve fleet speed.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 07:15:23 PM »

just because this begs to be re posted. because i can see now someone saying.. hey Alex i think there is a bug because i keep getting the same outcome when i reload my game.

Accident consequences stay consistent upon reloading the game, so save/loading until you get a favorable result isn't an option
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

vmxa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »

Glad I did not save any games thus far. Fifth array, sounds good to me.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 07:46:58 PM »

Love the supply cost changes and i cant wait to curse the accident mechanic. I dont get the extended mag nerf unless you want it to regenerate like the other ones in which case rock on.

It seems good enough for ballistic weapons in any case (and it's cheap). But it also affects the number of "charges" for burst weapons and the Autopulse Laser - which made it incredibly OP at +100%.

any chance at getting this sort of think for weapons on the refit screen for example if avd. optics is on the ship the grav beam equiped shows its new range. This would useful for seeing the effect of what we put on the ship or if we have a slow weapon turn speed and we put on avd gyro be nice to see it go up to normal or high turn rate on its tab to get a feel for the inprovement without having to take it into combat to test. Or in the case of avd. optics what weapons it effects would be easyer to see.

Hmm, it's not quite the same thing. This shows the dynamic effects you get hit with in battle, not mods you've got equipped.

Is it possible to change the beginning charges of a burst weapon or their refresh rate? The ability to regen ammo makes a huge difference esp for ballistic weapons and all you need to do is tweak their regen rate to balance it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 08:17:45 PM »

*pokes at his prior post*

Not being able to collect all the ships (even if they aren't in my fleet, but rather just in storage) safely is a dealbreaker for my OCD.

Yeah, saw it the first time :) Can't give you a definite answer yet - it's on my "look at this" list. Part of the problem is that it might be a tough feature to take away later - as I would likely have to. Perhaps making prices moddable, and leaving this to mods for the time being would be the right answer - but again, I need to take a closer look.

Is it possible to change the beginning charges of a burst weapon or their refresh rate? The ability to regen ammo makes a huge difference esp for ballistic weapons and all you need to do is tweak their regen rate to balance it.

Ballistic weapons do not regenerate ammo (though you could make them do that via mods, if you wanted to). The "beginning charges" of burst weapons are basically ammo, and they regenerate pretty fast - but not as fast as the weapon can fire. So, it fires off a small burst of stored-up charges, and then slows down its fire rate to the "ammo" recharge rate.

I don't quite get what (or rather, why) you're asking, though - but hopefully this clears it up at least a little bit.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »

You answered the question already, basically wanted to change all ammo based weapons to the regen model because it bypasses the whole running out of ammo during a battle. Missiles i can see and they are already fairly well balanced but weapons like the assault chaingun will fit beautifully with the burst model.

Haha actually thinking about taking a java class for my filler class because of this game :D.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 03:36:22 AM »

Until you've got the in-battle ammo replenishment system hinted at by those ammo hopper ships, I'm looking forward to getting regenerating ballistic weapons. I am a sad panda whenever I run out of ammo in my ballistic fitted ship after chewing through 4 or 5 ai ships :(

factotum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 04:52:54 AM »

Until you've got the in-battle ammo replenishment system hinted at by those ammo hopper ships, I'm looking forward to getting regenerating ballistic weapons.

Er, Alex said 2 posts above yours that ballistic weapons DON'T regenerate...

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 07:28:08 AM »

Does stations get new ships now?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45