Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC6] Pearson Exotronics  (Read 104725 times)

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a-RC6] Pearson Exotronics
« on: June 01, 2020, 07:53:28 PM »

Requires the CMUtils mod as a dependency!

How to add to an existing game
  • Ensure that the mod Console Commands is installed
  • Load up the existing save you would like to add Pearson Exotronics too, after selecting the mod in launcher
  • Use ctrl+backspace to open the console, then input the command "SpawnPearsonContent". If successful, it will report back.
  • A few seconds after this, you should see an intel item that says "New faction arrives: Pearson Exotronics" or some such
Do not use the command more than once, it will brick your save!
[close]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 06:41:38 AM by tomatopaste »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Pearson Exotronics
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 08:03:16 AM »

The images really don't do this justice.
It's slightly bare bones as a faction at the moment, but the ship systems feature the most extensive and well made drone based features in the modiverse.

I know you got some gifs somewhere, you should show them off!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 08:47:23 AM by SirHartley »

haloguy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 08:23:24 AM »

absolutely love these ships. They look very pleasing to my eyes, thank you for making them.

HereticKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 10:13:42 AM »

Neat! You've really nailed the high-tech drone-centric look. You certainly have my interest and I wanted to give some first impressions.

The Kiruna seems like an interesting frigate. Pretty fast with good armor, flux and a powerful front facing armament. Very wide for a frigate so it's difficult to dodge shots, it's so wide in fact that its front facing shield can be pretty easily avoided. Overall, I'd say it's a nice frigate. I'm having a hard time getting a handle on its system, the Bastion, which produces drones. I like how you can cycle different formations and recall them using the system, but more often than not they seem to just fly off straight past what I'm fighting and stay out there until I recall them. The AI usually has a better go at controlling them when I try putting it on autopilot, so it could just be user error. Also the drones it produces die when they're looked at sternly, but I guess it sort of has to be that way considering the circumstances of it being a frigate and they can be fabricated during battle.

The Denmark may very well become one of my favorite ships in the game. Its system is so cool, the defence formation works great for PD and close fire support while the focus formation is such a neat visual of all three drones joining together to fire out a blazing red energy beam.

Those are the only two ships I've had time to play around with this morning, but I am excited to see what else you have in store for us.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:59:10 AM by HereticKannon »

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 01:35:35 PM »

The images really don't do this justice.
It's slightly bare bones as a faction at the moment, but the ship systems feature the most extensive and well made drone based features in the modiverse.

I know you got some gifs somewhere, you should show them off!
Will get around to it shortley.

absolutely love these ships. They look very pleasing to my eyes, thank you for making them.
No worries, thanks!
Neat! You've really nailed the high-tech drone-centric look. You certainly have my interest and I wanted to give some first impressions.

The Kiruna seems like an interesting frigate. Pretty fast with good armor, flux and a powerful front facing armament. Very wide for a frigate so it's difficult to dodge shots, it's so wide in fact that its front facing shield can be pretty easily avoided. Overall, I'd say it's a nice frigate. I'm having a hard time getting a handle on its system, the Bastion, which produces drones. I like how you can cycle different formations and recall them using the system, but more often than not they seem to just fly off straight past what I'm fighting and stay out there until I recall them. The AI usually has a better go at controlling them when I try putting it on autopilot, so it could just be user error. Also the drones it produces die when they're looked at sternly, but I guess it sort of has to be that way considering the circumstances of it being a frigate and they can be fabricated during battle.

The Denmark may very well become one of my favorite ships in the game. Its system is so cool, the defence formation works great for PD and close fire support while the focus formation is such a neat visual of all three drones joining together to fire out a blazing red energy beam.

Those are the only two ships I've had time to play around with this morning, but I am excited to see what else you have in store for us.
That Kiruna behaviour is a capital B bug and will be fixed very soon, along with some other suicidal behaviour I've noticed for the AI using the denmark/serrano shipsystem.

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 01:21:29 AM »

I really love the design on the ships. Great job!

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 02:51:56 PM »

I am going to try this out on my next playthrough! Looks great :3

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »

Pearson Exotronics - Beta 0.4c
Small update fixing some things, as well as adding a bunch of basic content to the home star system. I've also added some gifs to the OP. Please enjoy!  :D
Changelog
-added spaceport to new caledonia
-reduced denmark dp to 12 from 15
-fixed drone bastion shipsystem drone ai bugs
-improved drone movement ai algorithm
-reduced over-fluxing tendencies of drone corona system ai
-added faction flavour description
-system status now only shows up for player ship
-overhauled adelaide star system
-adjusted starting faction rep
-fixed images on blueprint packages
[close]

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Pearson Exotronics - 0.5.1 19/7/20
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 05:31:47 PM »

Pearson Exotronics - v0.5.1
Beeg update, with features, tweaks, fixes and a new capital ship
Changelog
-added ship and shipsystem descriptions with nerd tidbits included (no weapons to describe currently)
-added commissioned crew bonus - improves ship and PEC-brand drone armour by a small amount
-corona shipsystem no longer reduces flux dissipation, instead deactivates zero flux boost
-added modular vector assembly (MVA) thruster drone system
-added new kingston-class battleship
    -has shield drone launcher system, cycle between a rotating circular shield matrix and an
    unstable broadside-oriented shielded drive field boost
    -60dp, defines the role of anchor brick
    -yes it has a mobility system god help us
    -versatile broadside/front focused loadouts possible with AI tested to be competent at both, including asymmetry
        -live out your depraved converging cyclone reaper fantasies
    -actually spawns in campaign (faction updated to know ship variants)
-tweaks and improvements to drone system AI
    -drone corona ships are now less inclined to play drone roulette with endless cycling
    -AI controlled ships will now be able to cycle through system when remaining drone count is zero
-updated pulse impeller shipsystem, available on cassius-class frigates and richmond-class destroyers
    -now applies force relating to hullsize, you won't be able to launch across the map in a frigate just because i
    forgot that it wasn't unique to the destroyer
-added version checker support
-updated mission logo, variants
-added unused modular drone clamping and maneuvering thruster shipsystem, going to be equipped on a cruiser coming to a
beta near you sometime soon
-updated some ship variants
-added custom hull styles under the hood, ships now have custom shield colours, but are still midline in other respects
-ships will no longer summon hyper-angry drones after death (although it was kinda funny)
-fixed eyre spawning and production
-added torrens and eyre to tester mission
-Adelaide solar shades are now geostationary
[close]

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Pearson Exotronics - v0.5.2 20/7/20
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 08:42:41 PM »

Pearson Exotronics - v0.5.2
Download
Small update with tweaks and a couple of new missions
Changelog
-tweaked drone shroud shipsystem AI
-reduced kingston shield drone flux capacity 7500 -> 6000
-added two new missions with randomly generated fleets for fun and testing
    -Random vs. Pearson
    -Pearson vs. Random
-added new console command "SpawnPearsonContent" that will run the campaign generation scripts normally run on starting
a new game, used to add the faction to an existing save. will still be incompatible with saves with previous versions if
an update is not save compatible.
-variant tweaks
-updated license to be CC-BY-NC-ND (see license.txt for details)
-added readme
[close]

MaXimillion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 02:55:40 PM »

The Composite Drone Armour hullmod is available as loot, has 0 cost and is equippable on any ship. Surely not intended?

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 03:55:35 PM »

The Composite Drone Armour hullmod is available as loot, has 0 cost and is equippable on any ship. Surely not intended?

no, that's a mistake, it's meant to be available through commissioned crews only. I'll patch it soonish, enjoy the freebie until then :P

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2020, 01:18:20 AM »

Amazing work on the sprites. Definitely checking it out

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2020, 10:43:07 AM »

i think all they are missing now are utility ships.

With a Freighter, Tanker and Troop Transport i feel the AI won't have to rely on Vanilla Ships for carrying their fuel, supplies and marines. Specially with Nex invasions and raids.

I like this mod a lot, hope you continue to add more ships to make it a full roster.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8