Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Autofire all weapons on player controlled ship?  (Read 4532 times)

enigma74

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Autofire all weapons on player controlled ship?
« on: May 27, 2020, 10:40:38 AM »

Is there a way to have every single weapon on autofire on my controlled ship? I saw the old threads saying to use an empty weapon group, but it doesn't seem to work.  The last selected weapon group sticks even though I'm pressing the key for empty group 5.

Edit: Nevermind, it works now.  For some reason in the combat simulation it wasn't working, then I went back the the empty weapon group worked like I wanted it to.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 10:44:19 AM by enigma74 »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Autofire all weapons on player controlled ship?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 10:44:26 AM »

The range markers stay, but the weapons should autofire. If the autofire block down at the bottom is flashing, then you have control. If it is solid, AI has control. If it is dark, autofire is off.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 10:45:31 AM »

The range markers stay, but the weapons should autofire.
Note that this is a feature, not a bug; it means you can select your primary weapons, toggle off to an empty group, and still see what your guns' range is.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

enigma74

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 10:02:15 AM »

The range markers stay, but the weapons should autofire.
Note that this is a feature, not a bug; it means you can select your primary weapons, toggle off to an empty group, and still see what your guns' range is.

Ahh, makes sense.  Thanks guys!

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 05:18:15 AM »

Really wish the game wouldn't push your weapon groups up when you leave group 1 empty though.  I'd like to just go into battle on group 1 with nothing in it so I start with everything on autofire.  It's not a huge deal but on the rare occasion I forget to switch groups I lose a little firepower for awhile.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 05:29:31 AM »

That kind of sounds like a bug, Daynen.

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 09:05:03 AM »

That kind of sounds like a bug, Daynen.

Well I know that the weapon groups will adjust themselves if you make changes to the hardpoints (ie delete a whole weapon group so the other groups move in to fill the gaps)

so maybe its just an extension of that functionality? It seems to me like the groups auto-adjust to keep your first groups full.

Now maybe that is intentional and maybe it isn't, just something I've noticed while Starring some sectors
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 11:19:34 PM »

I actually posted that as a suggestion a while ago.

Option for no automatic rearranging/hiding weapon groups

I wish weapon assignment worked like in X3 series, those games nailed ship control, especially with mods.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 03:38:04 PM »

It's consistent across all ships and loadouts, leading me to conclude it's a feature.  All weapon groups are automatically pushed to lower numbers if there are empty groups.  Switching to an empty group then leaves all your groups on AI control.  I just wish it wouldn't do that.  I'd be fine with warnings about weapons that aren't grouped but I'd like it to leave my groupings alone.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 03:45:20 PM »

This mod will probably also be of interest to you: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13431.0

It lets you use all 5 weapon groups on autofire.