Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Easier modding  (Read 2114 times)

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Easier modding
« on: March 25, 2012, 07:58:36 PM »

please make it easier to mod........ kthxbye

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Easier modding
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »

Do have any specific request/problems?

(I not sure how much easier it could be made :) )

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Easier modding
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »

well, you are right, modding isn't suppost to be easy parse. but I just have problems with everything in modding. But I did suggest to Alex custom shield and engine colors for my mod, but it seems a bit. Difficult to add ships, and the like. It just seems like I'm (I guess this is just personal and makes me feel really stupid but...) very limited as a modder (If I can even call myself that, I can't even make my own ship and put it into the game). I can't script or program, which is probably what all modders at least should have a basic understanding of it. I would at least, like some tutorial on things. I mean there are things like Alex's modding tools & resources thread, along with 51ppycup's tutorial on how to shove some JSON onto a sprite and throw it into the game. I guess all I can say is I would like more access to stuff, along with more guidance in what I want to do. There's lots of things that I want to do, but I can't do them, and if I made a thread for each thing I needed advice on, I would be making pages of requests for help.

something like

Spriting
Damage textures
custom colors( like for engines and shields and damage textures)
AI pathing
Weapon Config
Ship Config
Particals
projectiles
animation
adding sounds (to things like projectile impacts, ship motors [like ship sounds] etc)
etc...

that's to name a few, but Hopefully you get what I mean (I feel like this has been one of those BSed papers you write in highschool, and your words are just confusing and unclerified D';)
I guess it's not, convenient enough or it's not accessible. (I feel stupid for saying this...) I really need help in the modding department, this is my first time making something, and I'm feeling really ecstatic about it, but this whole thing is very alien to me. And there's not much I feel I can do beyond making a crappy looking sprite. I want to create something awesome, but I'm of course limited by my skill. (This was a terrible persuasive "rant" *facepalm*)