Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No XP Modding/Scripting Help  (Read 730 times)

ForumGuy205

• Ensign
    • View Profile
No XP Modding/Scripting Help
« on: May 23, 2020, 05:39:26 PM »

Alright, I've looked around at the tutorials, either it doesn't exist, or I haven't looked hard enough, or perhaps I'm just missing the little things

I'm not the smartest guy around
How exactly do you make scripts? What exactly do the functions do? Is there a way to see what functions are called in-game?
   I've looked at the documentation and the tutorials, although almost none of them involve scripting, and those that did didn't tell you /how/. Maybe they did, and I just missed it
   I've also looked at the javadoc and the various functions, and I see them, but, like, /what exactly/ do they do? For example, I see PersonAPI and look at getPost, I look around, and there's nothing on javadoc what it does, like is it where this person is? Is there a guide/explanation to the javadoc functions somewhere? If not, is there a way to see what functions are called in-game, so it'd be easier to know which ones to use?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: No XP Modding/Scripting Help
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 07:47:39 PM »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: No XP Modding/Scripting Help
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 07:52:51 PM »

Welcome to the forum! For writing scripts, the best way to start is to look at some existing mods and see how they do it. The wiki also has a few articles under the modding tag that deal with more advanced topics.

Unfortunately there is very little documentation on many of the API functions, and what exactly is called by the game is an ever changing thing.