Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: General suggestions from first "proper" playthrough  (Read 1861 times)

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: General suggestions from first "proper" playthrough
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 11:18:04 PM »

I've been thinking about it and it seems to me like every buff I would give the AM blaster to make it better on conventional ships would be met with 'but then the afflictor is too strong' which is very sad to me since I find afflictor cheese super boring.

Even ignoring the phase options I use the AM blaster on quite a few ships.  At the end of the day if I want missile/torp like damage, but don't have a missile slot, the AM is getting a look over.

I'd say it's almost certainly fine as is, and certainly not one of the weapons that would need tweaking right now.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 11:41:01 PM »

I don't think I ever run out of anti-matter blaster shots without prolonging combat to do specifically just that. It seems it exists mostly to hamper phase ship cheese.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 02:33:45 AM »

I feel the same about medium missile reaper torpedoes. My AI ships basically never run out of them during a battle because they forget to use them half the time.

I ended up just sticking harpoon missiles on my onslaughts because at least they get used, if poorly.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 11:05:10 AM »

I don't think I ever run out of anti-matter blaster shots without prolonging combat to do specifically just that. It seems it exists mostly to hamper phase ship cheese.

I feel like if phase ships are abusable, phase ships should be changed and not the weapons they use. 

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »

I feel like if phase ships are abusable, phase ships should be changed and not the weapons they use. 

It's kind of both, any weapon except Reapers or AMs is wasted OP on a phase frigate.
Well, LAGs can nibble at front-shielded ships, but that's nowhere near as effective or universal.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2020, 02:20:18 PM »

Brawling with LAGs and other ballistics would be easier if phase ships had their old ghost cloaks back, without time shift and without phase cooldown.  I have abandoned brawling loadouts with the phase frigates ever since the cloak was modernized.  The only phase ship that can somewhat brawl like in older releases is Doom because it can dump mines while phased to distract ships, then decloak to brawl (with blasters or ballistics) while enemy is distracted.
Pages: 1 [2]