Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where have the good mods gone, or why is the balance so bad?  (Read 2573 times)

nb8

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have been following the development of this game for a long time.
And of course, mods is an important part of it.
We all love mods, we put different mods. We do this to fly on new beautiful or interesting ships, or fight a strong enemy.

And recently, reading the change logs, I can’t understand what is happening. Almost all modders for some reason begin to greatly deteriorate their ships. So they become worse than the ships that are in the game without mods.

WHY need such wretched ships?
Why should I put mods on if I can take the Brawler and smash the dreadnought Diablo Avionics onto it, so this is a funny dreadnought that is killed by a corvette without a chance. And I don’t need any special tactics for this even.
That Brawler is such a powerful ship, you say, that it can kill 1 on 1 almost all the ships from your mods? No, it’s your ships that are so ridiculous and wretched that they cannot resist corvettes.

Or take another mod with such weak mining ships, but when they had impressive holds. And now the author removes these holds, and why do we need ships that are even weaker than SHY ORA and DA ships without their holds?

Or there was a mod that added new hulmods to the game. It was really unusual and varied the gameplay, but some crazy fools ran into the topic of the author of the mod and started to troll him so that he deleted it.

Mod authors - I want to challenge you, please play what you have created and make your ships worthy of the original balance, because the nerf trail will lead you into the abyss.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Where have the good mods gone, or why is the balance so bad?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 11:24:26 AM »

we must be playing different game

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 11:28:43 AM »

Diable Avionics is currently slightly more powerful than vanilla, thus I intend to nerf them a tad.

Morgan Rue

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 11:30:52 AM »

you know you can kill an Onslaught with a Hound in vanilla correct?

1v1 is not a good balancing thing, especially when the player can abuse certain weaknesses.
Dauntless.

LightningCutey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 11:53:53 AM »

The brawler is an interesting ship, while it can defeat multiple different capitals in the specific scenario of a 1v1 with skills (using a brawler(LP)), it can't defeat some destroyers and cruisers for the similar reason to why it can defeat capitals, and that thing is, maneuverability and speed and being smaller thereby being able to more easily attack maneuverable or fast targets.

While hullmod expansion was interesting, it contained highly imbalanced hullmods which even have further buffs, however while the mod author while wanting balance feedback, seemed to decide that what feedback was given was somehow wrong despite continued feedback on it being imbalanced, which probably made them take it personally.

Most modders don't make ships that are just straight up stronger than vanilla.

Also 1v1s are not good ways to test things as it makes frigates and destroyers as well as missiles a lot stronger than they appear to be (though they are still pretty decent anyway).

Just wondering, do you primarily use drovers, astrals and paragons when you get them

WesternFail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »

No one trolled Phoenix, he asked for feedback, he got feedback, he didn't like the feedback he got, so he got mad and accused everyone of specifically targeting him and his mod before he left.

I do not quite understand why you think so many mod ships are "wretched", as I do not recall at this moment there is any mod that can be considered underpowered compared to vanilla, the more balanced aspect of it of course, so excluding Paragon, Astral and Drover. Modders generally have a good sense of balance.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 12:04:21 PM »

Because I worship Satan (all hail the man-goat).

Obviously.

(There's something very special about a post that contains precisely the least productive mixture of vagueposting and specific accusations. No one can tell what specific balance choices you're complaining about, and therefore, cannot fix them, but you've thrown enough monkey turds to inspire anger. It's impressively and thoroughly nonconstructive.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:49:19 PM by Harmful Mechanic »

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 02:31:45 PM »

fella, i know this is a blatant troll post, but are you okay? I'd LOVE to see what sort of build you have for the *** Brawler that lets it go one on one with the Pandemonium. Also you realize that this is a fleet building game, not one on one ship fuckfests?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 02:37:19 PM »

Because Automatic Souls Empower Developers.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 02:43:59 PM »

There are some mods with stronger then vanilla ships.

The Mayasuran Navy mod has, per ship if not per deployment point, stronger ships that can easily outfight their contemporaries.

I never played it but The Knights Templar mod was a faction of VERY powerful ships and weapons.

I've not played a recent version of Diable Avionics, but their fighters called wanzers are very very strong. Even their basic craft called frosts? have powerful katanas that can slice through battleships!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 03:33:08 PM »

Locking this because I suspect it won't end well otherwise.