Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Smuggling  (Read 986 times)

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Smuggling
« on: May 11, 2020, 06:10:18 AM »

I've played this game for a while, but I rarely do very much smuggling and would love to know the best ways of making large amounts of illegal money.

What are good things to do? Specific missions to smuggle/trade illegal goods? Or are you all finding producers of drugs and mechs and them taking to goods to planets of high demand?

Not paying taxes from selling random stuff to a black market is nice, especially when the locals are all dead from pirate attacks. But I wanna go further. How are all of you making millions from lobsters and drugs?
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Smuggling
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 07:58:08 AM »

Drugs, weapons and marines. The Path are probably the best overall traders; low access worlds are constantly short of supplies so they end up giving fantastic trades.

Smashing a planet will create tons of shortages. Shortages = profits.

Procurement missions are great but fairly random. If you find a good system, place a comm sniffer in there to get more procurement missions.

But you probably knew all that stuff already.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Smuggling
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 10:14:01 PM »

Place a comm sniffer in a system with multiple factions in it so you can build rep with all of them while getting your pick of multiple jobs.  Hit F1 when hovering over a commodity to get a list of systems with high sell prices and low buy prices.  Procurement missions usually pay more than deliveries from the bar, but you have to go get the goods yourself, so it's a tradeoff.