Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Shout out  (Read 2454 times)

vistarnh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Shout out
« on: April 05, 2012, 05:09:33 PM »

Just want to say I am SOOO friggin happy I registered for this last year.  The missions were a nice teaser but now at .51a I am addicted way more than I was to spaz.  I'm on my first mishmash mod game (6th or 7th play through to kickass status) and had earlier captured a lone behemoth with two tacyon armed dragoons trying like mad to stay out of return fire range and a couple of medusae flanking to the rear.  I had to laugh when it ate almost all 200 of my marines.  I've since armed it with 10 tachyons and 4 multipulse lasers and a crapton of blasters/tactical lasers and given the point defense augment.  And yea it's overkill but soooo much fun with a full compliment of fighters/bombers.  I still can't beat the mega huge supply fleets though, once I have to raise shields to fend off multiple cruisers I'm toast cus I don't have enough venting power.

But the fun just never ends!  Soon as I get bored with that beast I can try something else or start over (I found the mishmash game was much harder to get going but I didn't know alot of the ships).

Thanks devs! Keep up the awesome work! and thanks to the modders too!

CaptanSpudsy

• Lieutenant
  • Meanwhile, in Spudland.....
    • View Profile
Re: Shout out
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »

Yay, another buyer!
Welcome!
(What mods would you suggest, I play vanilla usually.)

Spudsy
Mjolnir Cannons and Hepatitis in the large slots.

vistarnh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »

I just looked through the master list thread for what worked with the latest release and most of them looked interesting so I tried Omega's Mishmash.  It's a little insane compared to vanilla but makes the game much more fun imo.  I just got to the point of being able to take out the biggest fleets with minimal losses so I'm about to start over.  I may try star wars or something after the next game.

Thats another nice thing I like about this game is easy built in mod support.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »

Hi there - happy to hear you're enjoying the game, and thank you for your support!