Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Starsector Wiki : Now in French !  (Read 2228 times)

darkomen202

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Starsector Wiki : Now in French !
« on: April 26, 2020, 03:29:37 PM »

Hi there.

So, I started a translation of the english Wiki !

I'm aware that a long time ago some guy tried to make a translation of Starsector into French. Unfortunately this was abandonned, and the work would need to be updated to 0.9.1 in order to work.Somehow modding is hard for people who don't know *** about it (including me).

Writing Wiki pages, on the other hand is pretty easy. Fandom is a quick-to-learn platform.Of course it's a Wiki : everyone can contribute to it without asking permission to anyone ;) So if you speak french and you've got a decent english level, feel free to contribute, the community and all those frenchies that have hard time understanding the game will greatly appreciate it ! (and I've seen quite a few french people on the internet complaining about the level of english required to play Starsector)

Unfortunately Fandom has decided that its former plateform was too good, so they made a new one which is currently lacking a lot of features. English wiki is based on "Legacy" Plateform of Fandom.  But for French Wiki, I had no choice but to use the new plateform (they call it Unified Community Plateform, but it's more shittyfied than unified IMO :o ). That said, you can't just copy/paste the wikicode of the english wiki and expect to have the same result in the french wiki :/

Here you can see what it looks like : https://starsector.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Wiki_StarSector

En bref :
J'ai commencé une traduction francophone du Wiki anglophone pour aider les ptits gars qui galèrent en anglais. Si vous parlez anglais, n'hésitez pas à contribuer au Wiki !

Et ça se trouve ou tout ça ? :(

Par ici : https://starsector.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Wiki_StarSector  ;D

;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 03:38:36 PM by darkomen202 »

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector Wiki : Now in French !
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »

Welcome aboard!

Most of us are on the unofficial discord http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11488.0

I look forward to seeing what the French speaking community can do with access to the wiki information, particularly with modding.

darkomen202

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 02:23:24 PM »

Hey

Thank you for the link !

I really don't know what to expect about that ^^

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 11:33:58 AM »

Unfortunately Fandom has decided that its former plateform was too good, so they made a new one which is currently lacking a lot of features. English wiki is based on "Legacy" Plateform of Fandom.  But for French Wiki, I had no choice but to use the new plateform

They actually did that several times now, screwing older wikis and their editors every time in the process... And yet there are still editors that put up with their nonsense.

Good job with the translation anyway.