Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BMT question  (Read 1164 times)

AlucardNoirsFolly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
BMT question
« on: April 29, 2020, 01:52:52 AM »

So I tried playing heroes 3 on linux using VCMI... turns out the last official release of VCMI is 3 to 4 years old and has a /home erasing bug in it. I lost everything. Including the file I had my Starsecotr key. Fortunately I never erased the BMT email I got and I recovered my key. That being said here comes the question: What's with the Product ID and Password thing? the game is easy to dl from the Starsector site, all it needs is the key. What are the product id and password for?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: BMT question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »

For download from BMT as opposed to from here, so, you don't need 'em. (Also, wow, there are bugs, and there are bugs. And, homm3 = best homm.)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 09:45:47 AM »

Who said vampirezzz  ;D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

AlucardNoirsFolly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 11:09:56 AM »

Thanks for replying. I'm guessing you had to also put in on there?

And yes. HoMM3 is the best HoMM. 21 years later, and 4 more Heroes direct sequels, and it's still the best. In a way it's sad really. Sadder still I can't play it on linux without some serious risk to my set up. But hey, Starsector works just fine on linux. Might give it another few playthroughs.  :) When life gives you lemons and whatnot.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 11:22:14 AM »

Yeah, I upload new releases to the website, to BMT, etc.

I just love the graphics in HoMM3, there's so much... soul? heart? Not sure I'd risk /home getting wiped for it, though, yeah.

But hey, Starsector works just fine on linux. Might give it another few playthroughs.  :) When life gives you lemons and whatnot.

Ha! :D