Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Venture's really dislike dying eh?  (Read 1982 times)

FinetalPies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Venture's really dislike dying eh?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 11:32:40 PM »

Hahaha well in my defense there's actually 6 assault guns across those 3 Lashers, and they also each had 2 Hammer torpedoes, though, since this was the very end of the battle, missile ammo was basically completely out (I think the Hammerhead had some Salamander Finisher MRMs). Though yeah, I did go fairly heavy on the EMP weapons with both the Wolves and the Tempests.

It's definitely worth thinking of how my fleet is balanced a bit, but I'm still pretty happy with my swarm of annoying frigates. I do have cruisers and bombers for finishing stuff off, they were just slow to catch up to the last surviving enemy this time.

But excellent job explaining all the armor mechanics, that's definitely very helpful and I didn't appreciate how important per-shot damage was, aside from just the damage type modifiers.

EDIT: Oh whoops actually one of my blueprints does have Lashers with Autocannons instead of Light Assault Guns, well that part was a mistake lol.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 12:23:39 AM by FinetalPies »

shrek_luigi

• Ensign
  • im green as ****
    • View Profile
Re: Venture's really dislike dying eh?
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 11:37:57 AM »

there's a mod called Stop Gap Measures which adds a variant of the Venture, called the Opportunity.......now THAT thing is tanky as ***. imagine a Venture with bigger flux stats & DAMPER FIELD, absolutely ridiculous xD
@Shrek_luigi: While I applaud your choice of flagship, please don't circumvent the profanity filter.
Pages: 1 [2]