Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Save Editing Question: what variable adjusts planet orbital distance from star?  (Read 903 times)

Luckspeare

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Generated a new game using Adjusted Sector, Nexerelin, and a whole bunch of other mods, and everything is working fine, but sometimes a core world is generated too close to a star, making a problem for that faction.  (Right now, one is practically in the corona of a red giant.)  What variable in the campaign.xml file can I adjust to move that planet outward to a sensible location?

Thanks in advance.

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile

Generated a new game using Adjusted Sector, Nexerelin, and a whole bunch of other mods, and everything is working fine, but sometimes a core world is generated too close to a star, making a problem for that faction.  (Right now, one is practically in the corona of a red giant.)  What variable in the campaign.xml file can I adjust to move that planet outward to a sensible location?

Thanks in advance.

if you are not using the randomised core worlds from the nexerelin mod, which is the only way the core worlds systems are actually changed from one game to another, them you are probably talking about Sindria, which is close to the red giant on puorpuse, I know you can move planets but that is generally not recomended since most of the time it will mess up the game

Luckspeare

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yeah, using randomized core worlds.  In this case it's Tiandong's Chird Bogatanna, with the main starbase Shanghai in orbit.

Is it just a risky idea to change the orbit, or a really-bad-just-don't-do-it idea?

[attachment deleted by admin]