Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Independent Defense Force  (Read 69993 times)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
Re: Independent Defense Force v0.78
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 12:02:25 AM »

Agreed. I love the look of the ships, they're just insanely OP.
Well I have now additional work in progress (you've seen folder Fight_For_Universe, right?), where will be fight between powerful races as IDF, TimCORP, Hierarchy (another my WIP), The Scourge (I will help to Uomoz to create bigger ships) and I will add custom Pirate Coallition (will take sprites from SPAZ, and give them another name), well that's it for now :)

Also I will help later to Upgradecap to create some custom weaponry for TimCORP, they need it :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:04:21 AM by WarStalkeR »

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 02:15:49 AM »

Heh. Yeah, we have some weapons being created in our TimCORP team, but no guns yet, only missiles. Though we have an EMP missile that does like 1500000000 emp damage ;)
 But Yeah, if you're thinking railguns, Sure, any help is ok ;)

Cfuz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 02:49:25 PM »

In relation to my crashing earlier.  I figured out what was causing it.  I would get the apphang error message.  I did some googling and found that there was a stupid media program causing the crash.  So my end not yours.  I know how this has been weighing on your mind  ;).

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 09:34:36 PM »

In relation to my crashing earlier.  I figured out what was causing it.  I would get the apphang error message.  I did some googling and found that there was a stupid media program causing the crash.  So my end not yours.  I know how this has been weighing on your mind  ;).

Heh. Yeah, we have some weapons being created in our TimCORP team, but no guns yet, only missiles. Though we have an EMP missile that does like 1500000000 emp damage ;)
No Railguns for TimCORP :) In addition there are tons of possible weapon systems :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

Cfuz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2012, 01:58:35 AM »

Since i got the mod working.  How much work would it be to make a version of the mod with smaller fleets.  Like about 40% ish smaller.  The amount of ships on the glaxy map is KILLING my frame rate.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2012, 02:45:27 AM »

No Railguns for TimCORP :) In addition there are tons of possible weapon systems :)

Right, then I suppose you will make none of the IDF weapons for the TimCORP? Good.
Infact, we have started making our own railgun ;)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2012, 02:45:21 PM »

Right, then I suppose you will make none of the IDF weapons for the TimCORP? Good.
Well... IDF railguns, not just some standard railguns, they are PPCA Railguns, and its much more complicated weapon system then normal railgun. While original railgun's shell/slug can't exceed speed of light, IDF railguns with target painting (from other ship) can hit target that light years away in instant, here comes M-Theory and M-Physics, and because TimCORP know nothing about M-Theory and M-Physics, they can't use/develop such complex railgun :P

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »

Well... IDF railguns, not just some standard railguns, they are PPCA Railguns, and its much more complicated weapon system then normal railgun. While original railgun's shell/slug can't exceed speed of light, IDF railguns with target painting (from other ship) can hit target that light years away in instant, here comes M-Theory and M-Physics, and because TimCORP know nothing about M-Theory and M-Physics, they can't use/develop such complex railgun :P

Don't start this conversation again :P Pepole have had enough of us discussing which race is the better.

On a further note, the TimCORP mainly focuses on advanced missile tech, some thing which the IDF is backwards on (or do you have a dedicated EMP missile that does 15000000 EMP damage?
Didn't think so ;D)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:49:27 PM by Upgradecap »

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2012, 09:08:51 PM »

On a further note, the TimCORP mainly focuses on advanced missile tech, some thing which the IDF is backwards on (or do you have a dedicated EMP missile that does 15000000 EMP damage?
Didn't think so ;D)
IDF have awesome missile launch sounds :P Sounds decide 80% of weapon awesomeness and coolness :P

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2012, 12:34:32 AM »

Small update of OP :)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2012, 12:38:58 PM »

Added a small part of Lore, how it all come to be IDF.
Also, meet the Leader of IDF: Supreme Commander Stalker (read the lore to know meaning of name)
Removed due the work in progress...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 07:32:40 PM by WarStalkeR »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »

You drew that yourself?

Any chance you could help me out with mine portrait?
I need someone who could resemble an true Imperial Commander.
any chance you could do it?

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »

You drew that yourself?

Any chance you could help me out with mine portrait?
I need someone who could resemble an true Imperial Commander.
any chance you could do it?
Well, one of the suit templates already existed for a while. Face was taken from my character in EVE Online.
I don't know to draw by myself, I can only create from parts already existent images and pictures.
Also, Imperial Commander from where? From Star Wars? Warhammer 40000? There are lots of games with Empires and Imperiums.

EDIT: I thought that TimCORP machines or cyborgs...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:48:00 PM by WarStalkeR »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2012, 12:48:19 PM »

Just any kind of upper class imperial commander you could imagine.
You know, the kind of look which is also in Star wars, though with an blue uniform.
:D

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2012, 12:06:24 AM »

Just any kind of upper class imperial commander you could imagine.
You know, the kind of look which is also in Star wars, though with an blue uniform.
:D
Well I will share with you my experience of faces creation...
There is a lot of flash/html/in-game applications to make one...

If you want anime/toon style faces you can use one of these:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/289/5/5/anime_face_maker_2_by_gen8-d30uny4.swf
http://foxrichards.deviantart.com/art/FaceMaker-52755515
http://www.manga.com/content/avatar-face-maker
www.kongregate.com/games/xdanond/anime-character-maker-2
http://www.tektek.org/dream/dream.php

If you want more realistic serious faces, I know a couple of in-game creators:
If you ever heard about game Original War (classics of the genre), it have great in-game portrait creator:
Here you can buy one and here you can download latest patch, that includes all possible tools.
Face portraits of Original War look like this:

There is game with very powerful character creator, called EVE Online:
Go to this website and register you 14 day free trial account.
Now go to here, download the client and play with character creator as much as you want.
The end product will look like something like that:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5