Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Independent Defense Force  (Read 69698 times)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
Re: Independent Defense Force v0.78
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 04:31:33 AM »

Updated. Now version 0.78 available for download!

With my fleet of death i could kill anything, single handed.
Set battleSize to 8000, put from each side 20 battleships/leviathans, 40 battlecruisers, 60 cruisers, 80 destroyers, 120 frigates, 160 Fighters, 160 Bombers, 160 Gunships...

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 06:42:22 AM »

would liek to use that mod, but again what ever the action i take, i crash D: even tried only having this specific mod active, samething

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 07:51:51 PM »

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

Cfuz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 02:50:31 PM »

Game works I can enter battles with no problem.  But when i load a save game, instant crash.  A fix would be fantastic.  This mod is what im looking for in the game. 

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2012, 07:21:05 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the ships you start out with are hilariously overpowered. I had a capital ship in less than 10 minutes after starting my playthrough, just after killing a few pirate fleets and selling some of my ships, as all of the IDF ships have monster resale value.

Just thought I'd bring that to your attention... otherwise, I love the look of the ships and the weapons.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »

Game works I can enter battles with no problem.  But when i load a save game, instant crash.  A fix would be fantastic.  This mod is what im looking for in the game.
Can you post the log?

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the ships you start out with are hilariously overpowered. I had a capital ship in less than 10 minutes after starting my playthrough, just after killing a few pirate fleets and selling some of my ships, as all of the IDF ships have monster resale value.
Hmm... Strange... Well I will look in to it and will try to change the balance... You mean you got Samekh in 10 minutes?

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 07:35:39 PM »

I mean I started with some mid-line cruiser, 2 frigates, and 2 fighter wings. After 2 battles with pirate fleets, I sold the frigates and fighters and had a paragon within a few minutes.

I'm running some other mods, so it might just be that the IDF ships aren't balanced for interaction with other mods (understandable).

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »

WarStalkeR, I have to say that your presentation is exceptionally clean and organized; this is quality work. The Negev is my favourite for some reason.. I think it's the fighter bay placement, and larger winged engines.

Anyway keep it up

Mirage

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 01:44:19 AM »

I get the GC overhead limit exceeded error while running both these mods (Doesn't happen with any others/Vanilla) on Windows version. Anybody have a workaround for this issue?

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 02:11:36 AM »

It does happen with vanilla and all other mods, you just haven't tried big enough battles with them~ There's a thread on the topic anyway. Put your error code in th search bar.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 02:25:14 AM »

I get the GC overhead limit exceeded error while running both these mods (Doesn't happen with any others/Vanilla) on Windows version. Anybody have a workaround for this issue?
Check my error thread here. I seem to have been the first person to post about it.

Alex's first post in that thread offers a manual hack. I had to eventually double the value which he suggested (2048 instead of 1024). You may wish to try the lower value first and if that solves your instance of the error, stick with that. 256 is the default, and it will shatter if you amass a lot of goodies in your saved game.

I surmise that any complex mod which also offers lots of items for sale at the space stations, plus resulting immense fleet sizes once you spend that cash, is what causes Starfarer to grind to a halt and crash. I've had battlefleets running in craftomega's Minimash mod compilation which weighed-in at over 3200 Fleet Points. At present, a default install of Starfarer does NOT handle that gracefully.  :-\ Thank God for the hack, then! The flaw isn't caused just by fleetsize alone. It's also things like crew count, item count, money count, etc.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 05:36:36 AM »

two of your frigates, used with a bit of skill can kill the hegemony defense fleet.

I did come close (20% hull) to losing one, but those missiles are hellaciously powerful, given they're infinite ammo, fast, and a volley of eighteen of them will kill any frigate or destroyer without shields.

I don't know what the multiphasic temporal shields are supposed to do, but i stripped them off in favor of just letting the shield work normally

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 05:38:37 AM »

Agree with mkire above here, yeah. I'd actully want challenges, not a fleet who roflstompes everything, and that applies to when i face them head on.
Nice designs, i agree, but the OPness is too greeat for me to handle.
Sorry.

EDIT: Should elaborate this a bit more.
What i mean is that though some ships should remain a tiny bit OP (like some of the capitals), some other ships should be a bit balanced, to make the mod retain playability.
It's nothing fun when you go around with two destroyers and roflstomp everything.
Hope that helped :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:48:24 AM by Upgradecap »

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 05:47:29 AM »

Agreed. I love the look of the ships, they're just insanely OP.

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 04:52:19 PM »

it's really not even the ships themselves, though they're tough and have really high ord points, but the weapons that come with them. If i were using native weaponry i could not be able to take on the hegemony defense fleet and win with only two frigates
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5