Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Independent Defense Force  (Read 69699 times)

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Independent Defense Force v0.71
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:17:27 PM »

I CTD when i try to open the map, is it normal?

46961 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.super.oOOO.I.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.N.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.OO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.OO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super.public$new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.D.ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.D.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.E.super.new$new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.E.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.class.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.super.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0OO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.super.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.oOOO.OõÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

*edit* i also CTD when i try to engage someone
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:20:05 PM by rada660 »

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 12:02:30 AM »

I really like the spriting, looks like it's not photoshoped bits and pieces of other ships and put together. But that is a crap load of weapons, I almost don't see how that can be balanced haha but your mod you decision, and it looks good just from the post. Good job!

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 12:08:47 AM »

Yeah, totally agree with the above post here.   But I really think you should balance them. I've made an advanced race, but i didn't overpower them, did I? (Although their capitals can 1-hit nearly everything, but i balanced it by making flux buildup huge). The mid is fun to play, and the mission which made which contains this mod vs mine is fun too. And then opness ruin the fun for me. :)

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 12:29:00 AM »

well, I guess the ships "lore" or rather, their nitches or... properties. Say that their very very technologically advanced. But this... this is just.... I'm pretty sure these ships would be the equivalent of Q in star trek haha (hope that explains how powerful they are)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 12:33:52 AM »

You should try my latest mission. It pits IDF vs TimCORP, only then can you see how op they are ;) (campaign isint working properly on my mods 1.4, but missions are ;))

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »

sounds good

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 01:34:10 AM »

I CTD when i try to open the map, is it normal?

*edit* i also CTD when i try to engage someone
Hmm... Are you running only mods "Independent Defense Force" & "Fight For Universe"?
If no, then it's the reason... They are incompatible with other mods... Or at least you need to put quite a work to check if no scripts and files are overwritten by other mods...

I really like the spriting, looks like it's not photoshoped bits and pieces of other ships and put together. But that is a crap load of weapons, I almost don't see how that can be balanced haha but your mod you decision, and it looks good just from the post. Good job!
It's bits and pieces of other ships put together. Their balance based on flux... You overuse your weapon, and ship is good as dead...

You should try my latest mission. It pits IDF vs TimCORP, only then can you see how op they are ;) (campaign isint working properly on my mods 1.4, but missions are ;))
Who wins? ;D
Mine mod doesn't have missions, but in next release campaign will be 10 times more awesome 8)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:38:55 AM by WarStalkeR »

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 01:54:35 AM »

Quote from: Zilerrezko on Today at 12:02:30 AM
It's bits and pieces of other ships put together. Their balance based on flux... You overuse your weapon, and ship is good as dead...

Oh, well at least you do a good job of hiding that it's a frankenship (hopefully the ninja monkey doesn't see this >.>, he may see it as an insult)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 02:02:33 AM »

Who won? Well, the timcorp won, after losing three Delta-class leviathans. Derp ;) Though they would hav won, hands down if those damn IDF cowards didn't stay back and snipe. As far as i can see, IDF exels in sniping, but TimCORP exels in close quarters, one broadside from the Delta-class took half of the batteships hull integrity. Would have been even more even if it wasen't for their ridicouls OPness. Might consider nerfing their sniping capabilities.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 02:23:32 AM »

Who won? Well, the timcorp won, after losing three Delta-class leviathans. Derp ;) Though they would hav won, hands down if those damn IDF cowards didn't stay back and snipe. As far as i can see, IDF exels in sniping, but TimCORP exels in close quarters, one broadside from the Delta-class took half of the batteships hull integrity. Would have been even more even if it wasen't for their ridicouls OPness. Might consider nerfing their sniping capabilities.
You know TimCORP, to my mod in campaign, and there we will see who is better :)
By the way, don't be deluded, AI controls IDF ships awfully... Why? Because when I played with IDF Battleship I add as enemies 3 IDF Battleship... Do you think who won? Right, I, on my IDF Battleship, solo, against 3 IDF Battleships.

If Starfarer had multiplayer, we could check who is better, but as much as I know, we wont see multilayer here for a long time :)
And when you said TimCORP won, I hope fleets was equal...

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 02:27:28 AM »

Well, i have to admit, the fleets were pretty..... equal ;D, and i woulden't have lsot those three leviathans if the ai haden't been so clever and CHARGED THE BATTLESHIP, UP-FRONT, but yeah. You can try it yourself ;)

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 03:15:30 AM »

Ok.... So I spawn with that big ass battleship, and I just went on a rampage killing the biggest fleets out there with just the battleships, and I didn't loose almost any hull at all. I get that they're suppost to be like technologically advanced. But holy crap dude, all I need is those siege railguns and I can take out a paragon and it's whole fleet in 3 minutes (the fighters are hard to aim at, but I can still kill them easy with just siege railguns). I think, just for the sake of double facepalming, at least, at least not have your player spawn with the battleship. (Btw what was that 1816 Ordinance points? :O)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 03:31:39 AM »

In next release you won't spawn with this big battleship :)

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 03:41:19 AM »

alright good haha. And sorry if that seemed a bit harsh...  :-\

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 04:06:08 AM »

You know what. I had to actully stop playing this mod, exactly because of the opness. With my fleet of death i could kill anything, single handed. No challenge there so it got boring. Still, it's a great mod and i +5 this one ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5