Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Bit of Voice Over practice  (Read 1996 times)

Scrubbs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Bit of Voice Over practice
« on: March 26, 2020, 09:08:39 PM »

Heya everyone :D

Was practicing some voice over stuffs and did this small story about a young captain who's just got the money to buy his first starship. It was inspired after thinking about a story for my Starsector playthrough I wanted to do, and I quite enjoy roleplaying. I figured I'd match some gameplaying with some work practice and made this. Let me know what you think! Audiobooks and narration aren't quite my thing yet, but that's why I'm practicing :D

https://www.hennigarvo.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/5.minute.story_.mp3

I would have attached the zipped .mp3 file for the sake of ease, but the attachment limit size is 192k :( I just didn't want this post to be a self-promotion type post. Feel free to ignore the very end stuff. I gave this to a buddy who's doing some stuff on Facebook for the whole COVID thing and he asked if he could use this. He told me to put contact info in there, hehe.

- Scrubbs

Sharkfighter

• Ensign
  • Sub optimal performance
    • View Profile
Re: Bit of Voice Over practice
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 06:25:23 PM »

To be honest, when I first clicked on the link I wasn't expected much, but in the end I was very impressed with your work. Are you planning on doing any more in the future?
I tried modding and stayed up till 6 trying to add a fuel ship in the game just for the game to give me an error. I have a new respect for modders now.

Scrubbs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Bit of Voice Over practice
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 07:05:40 PM »

You know, ironically I didn't expect much either. However several people have asked me to continue the story, so I probably will in the near future. I'm currently doing a narration of my group's D&D 5th edition adventures, but seeing as how we're all locked up inside, I have time to work on lots of stuff :D

Happy to know you liked it and even happier that you'd like to hear more (if that's what you were implying :) )