Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: NPE at CombatFleetManager$O0.getLocation  (Read 475 times)

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
NPE at CombatFleetManager$O0.getLocation
« on: March 16, 2020, 03:12:03 PM »

Hi,

I just got a crash to desktop. My understanding is the NPE was triggered in the vanilla code, in my modded game session. This happened between two rounds of a long battle, IRRC just when I chose an option in the campaign menu. Let me explain:

• After successfully winning a bounty east-side of the core worlds, I tought "time to do some shopping". So my fleet went to the Nemvis system, one of the closest. Nemvis is the main system of the XLU mod faction. Note: XLU stands for "Extratential Lanestate Union", and was previously know as "Blue".
  • I started shopping in Vargan, a size 7 military market. Here I bought a pristine Uranium ship (check it out!) on the open market and spent some time in the simulator.
  • What to do now? More shopping! So my fleet went to Hixon, also a size 7 military market. Here I was slightly disappointed because there was only open and black market available. Not a big disapointment but enough to put the fleet admiral in a bad mood, right?
  • Sensor officer: "Admiral, we have signatures for several fleets at very short distance."
  • Deck officer: "This is a pirate raid! They have surrounded the battlestation!"
  • Admiral: "We won't let those pirate destroy and loot our good XLU friends and suppliers, engage immediatly. Take no prisoners."
  • I guess the pirates had already done some damage so the military market was not available.
  • It was a fairly large battle with: the XLU battlestation - still in pretty good shape, what remained of a small XLU fleet - a few frigates and destroyers, and a lot of pirate ships. There was several pirate fleets, maybe 5 were visible, and at least 3 of them engaged in battle.
  • I joined the battle piloting a Dragon (a 40 DP capital from the Underworld mod) with a Jeanne d'Arc (a 50 DP carrier from the the DME mod). As ennemy ships got destroyed I was able to bring another Jeanne d'Arc and a Skadi (a 45 DP carrier from the Shadowyards mod).
  • We won this long battle as pirate got destroyed or retreated. The XLU battlestation was still operational but had lost 1 or 2 modules. I don't remember about casualties in the XLU fleet. No casualty in my fleet.
  • Here the game let me engage once more. I was also able to transfer to another ship. I remember choosing a Starlight Medusa (from the Underworld mod).
  • I don't remember choosing the ships to bring into the battle, so the game probably did crash between this and the previous point, when I chose an option in the campaign menu. Anyway I'm 100% sure I didn't see the battle screen again.

This is Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8 running on macOS 10.14, details copied from last week bug report (yes, it's the same campaign, no mod changes):
Spoiler

0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8 launcher
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running in /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - OS: Mac OS X 10.14.6
2    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_79 (64-bit)
(...)
3835 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running with the following mods (in order of priority):
3835 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Blackrock Drive Yards [id: blackrock_driveyards] [version 0.9.5] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Blackrock Drive Yards)
3835 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering [id: istl_dam] [version 1.18a] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering 1.18)
3835 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Diable Avionics [id: diableavionics] [version 2.04] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/DIABLEAVIONICS)
3835 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Disassemble Reassemble [id: DisassembleReassemble] [version v 1.6.9] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/DisassembleReassemble_v1.6.9)
3835 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Extratential Lanestate Union [id: XLU] [version 0.7.0a] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Extratential Lanestate Union)
3835 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Foundation Of Borken [id: foundation] [version 0.2.4-RC3] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Foundation Of Borken)
3835 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Interstellar Imperium [id: Imperium] [version 2.1.2] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Interstellar Imperium)
3835 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     LazyLib [id: lw_lazylib] [version 2.4e] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/LazyLib)
3836 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     MagicLib [id: MagicLib] [version 0.28] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/MagicLib)
3836 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Nexerelin [id: nexerelin] [version 0.9.5h] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Nexerelin)
3836 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Outer Rim Alliance [id: ORA] [version 0.87] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/ORA)
3836 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Scy Nation [id: SCY] [version 1.58] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/SCY)
3836 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Shadowyards [id: shadow_ships] [version 0.9RC1] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Shadowyards)
3836 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Ship/Weapon Pack [id: swp] [version 1.10.5] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Ship and Weapon Pack)
3836 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Tiandong Heavy Industries [id: THI] [version 1.2.1a] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.2.1a)
3836 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Underworld [id: underworld] [version 1.4.2] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Underworld)
3836 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Version Checker [id: lw_version_checker] [version 2.0] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/Version Checker)
3836 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     ZZ GraphicsLib [id: shaderLib] [version 1.4.1] (from /Applications/Games/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/GraphicsLib)
3840 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Mod list finished

[close]

Crash log:
Spoiler

7775052 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
7775053 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
7792664 [Thread-5] INFO  data.scripts.plugins.tiandong_ModuleRetreatCleaner  - Another module retreat cleaner already running, suspending plugin
7794103 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
7794112 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
7794112 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
8928596 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
8928693 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
8928693 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
8980910 [Thread-5] INFO  data.scripts.plugins.tiandong_ModuleRetreatCleaner  - Another module retreat cleaner already running, suspending plugin
8980958 [Thread-5] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
8980958 [Thread-5] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
8980975 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
8981329 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
8981329 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
8981693 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager$O0.getLocation(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advanceSeenEnemies(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

[close]